New V8 skin by Mark (Big image)

Share your technical insight with beginners in this area, or pick up techniques and tricks-of-the-trade posted by seasoned Orion users.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Re: New V8 skin by Mark (Big image)

Postby Mark » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:40 pm

I'd love some frogs :D

The wife is cooking dinner now. The daughter is in bed and I'm watching football :D

Shame that Coramel is absent. I liked his DUNE skin too.
Mark

Postby Philippe Tavares » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:17 pm

:wink: I'll try to contact him this week !

.love some frogs ? or froggy's ? .. :D

:lol: In France saying " "THE" wife is cooking dinner " could be assimilate to a certain machismo ! ..and if moreover you are "completely lying down" in your sofa for watching football , this confirm my first impression ! You certainly have some Latin origins ... :lol: :lol:

EDIT:

...just sent a mail to Coramel ! :wink:
Philippe Tavares
Professional

Postby Mark » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:32 pm

Here it is. Bear in mind it is a WiP. The mixer and Monobass unlikely to change much, but Screamer, Wavefusion and DrumRack skins most certainly will - they're more a test for the colour scheme and knobs I intend to use. I'll be working on the other generators/toolbars as time permits and will update here. Enjoy! :dance:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mark

Postby Mark » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:40 pm

This is what the main toolbar might look like. It's really just a mock up atm.

Main toolbar2b.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mark

Postby Philippe Tavares » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:01 pm

:wink: Thanks Mark ! c'est sympa à toi !!

So your skin isn't completely useable and i'll surely have some graphic bugs ?

Cool ! Like this ,the toolbar is really better for me !
Philippe Tavares
Professional

Postby Mark » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:31 pm

tubular tos wrote::wink: Thanks Mark ! c'est sympa à toi !!

So your skin isn't completely useable and i'll surely have some graphic bugs ?

Cool ! Like this ,the toolbar is really better for me !

There aren't any bugs as far as I can see. I'm just saying it's a work in progress and some things will change and others added, except the mixer and monobass will stay as they are cos I like em! Of course, if you want to keep screamer as is, or suggest changes for something else go ahead and tell me. I'm just working on Tomcat atm.
Mark

Postby The Hunter » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:44 pm

Mark wrote:This is what the main toolbar might look like. It's really just a mock up atm.

Main toolbar2b.jpg

Nice

as it goes that's better than the one that used to be default - old school looking thing! I like.

you lot have made me want to make my own skin, but I'm a bit rubbish with it, I've been toying for the last 2 hours on a mixer - and some parts a very tedious lol - even though I;'ve been sampling bits of this and that, I wanted to get something really plain and simple like the samplers interface as I mentioned above, but couldn't get the flat knobs right, I've never really done any of this before and everything is in the default positions, you are all free to laugh and cuss me down now as I was going on about ameture looking skins earlier :p, obviously loads still to sort out as it's two hours messing around

EDIT::: Another hour on it this arvo
Last edited by The Hunter on Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The Hunter
Novice

Postby Mark » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:51 pm

Keep going Hunter. That's better than anything I had after 2 hours. BTW, I've only really been playing this game for about a week. Also, you should look up a program called knobman - makes knob making a doddle. The same guy also has a program called skinman, though I'm yet to use that in a meaningful way.
Mark

Postby The Hunter » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:21 am

Mark wrote:Keep going Hunter. That's better than anything I had after 2 hours. BTW, I've only really been playing this game for about a week. Also, you should look up a program called knobman - makes knob making a doddle. The same guy also has a program called skinman, though I'm yet to use that in a meaningful way.

Aw cheers, it's pretty much cobbled together from other bits of ORION though lol, I like a brighter, cleaner, non garish environment, and I'm going to replace a few bits when I have the time to do some nicer, cleaner work *ahem* theft. I mean, I'm into making music first and foremost, so not gonna spend all my time on it, but hopefully I'll have something by the end and I'll zip it up and throw it up on here when I do if anyone is interested, that's if it turns out any good. don't want to get too carried away though. but I know I am going to now I've started :no crying smiley:

I downloaded knob man (childish lol) I managed to get something working, but it didn't look right, clunky & cheap. I found the program pretty user unfriendly, but is probably due to my impatience, and need to give it more time... so for the meantime I cheated and used the middles of the new mixers knobs (as the sampler ones have less frames), mixed with the old samplers background cut out transparently & obscuring the green bar, tried to add 'LEDs' that get brighter as you turn the gains/sends up too - needs plenty work, ideally would like to rejig the bus buttons so they were on a grid and the master button was to the side.

Soz I don't want to hijack your thread here lolololol, should have made my own thread

was really posting to say that I'm liking that toolbar mate, clean, uncluttered, non confusing, it reminds me of something can't put my finger on - pretty good for getting into this about a week too, not that I'm an expert or anything lol
The Hunter
Novice

Postby Sipher » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:30 pm

Its very vintage feeling nicely done. I'm glad the program is fully sinkable. we will get some great skins and of course some varying degrees of nasty slime lime and ultraviolent mixed with infraded.
Sipher
Novice

Postby blacker » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:44 am

:D wow.it's cool. I'm late.
I'm blacker,tibetan blacker.
www.degesound.com
blacker
Regular

Postby Richard » Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:48 pm

That white mixer skin has massive potential. The current mid-gray skin is still too dark and too large for some notebook users, this looks like perfect for this task!! :drool:
Richard
Synapse Audio

Postby Mark » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:54 am

I've not had any time to finish it off, but will hopefully get some this weekend to do some more. Will explore the possibilities that PNGA support now gives.
Mark

Postby lapersonerie » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:12 am

Perfect wish it worked for 7
lapersonerie
Novice

Postby suneel » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:59 am

The Hunter wrote:I downloaded knob man (childish lol) I managed to get something working, but it didn't look right, clunky & cheap. I found the program pretty user unfriendly, but is probably due to my impatience, and need to give it more time...
Hi a while back i wrote a program nOObGen, its different compared to knobman as you can use it to quickly generate sequence images without getting lost in there. If you would like to give it try, get it from here
suneel
Guru

Previous

Return to Tips'n'tricks