Stillwell The Rocket: Sidechain Compression in Orion

Share your technical insight with beginners in this area, or pick up techniques and tricks-of-the-trade posted by seasoned Orion users.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Stillwell The Rocket: Sidechain Compression in Orion

Postby El_Capitan » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:22 pm

The PDF that comes with The Rocket states the sidechain button, when enabled, "switches The Rocket's detection circuit to inputs 3&4, if your host allows, so one signal (your bass, as example) may be compressed by another (your drums, perhaps)."

Does Orion allow us to route additional inputs in a manner that would allow for the sidechaining feature within The Rocket to be used?
El_Capitan
Regular

Re: Stillwell The Rocket: Sidechain Compression in Orion

Postby michl » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:50 pm

yes, it does!
press the side chain button in the gui
from the generator menu top left under the triangle ( where you can adjust generator settings and stuff ) got to "sidechain input" and select which generator/channel to use as sidechain input
michl
Novice

Postby El_Capitan » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:41 pm

michl wrote:yes, it does!
press the side chain button in the gui
from the generator menu top left under the triangle ( where you can adjust generator settings and stuff ) got to "sidechain input" and select which generator/channel to use as sidechain input

I don't hear any difference in sound doing so with the Rocket.. but I do hear the difference in Mix Control Pro which I think will work for me. Was only trialing the rocket, but I see I can do the same in MCP. I had no idea there was a Sidechain dropdown like that. Thanks!
El_Capitan
Regular

Postby michl » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:46 pm

strange, i can do this pumping quite easily ...
michl
Novice

Return to Tips'n'tricks