Window 7 or XP?

Share your technical insight with beginners in this area, or pick up techniques and tricks-of-the-trade posted by seasoned Orion users.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Re: Window 7 or XP?

Postby Kriminal » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:50 am

not really, i was dubious about moving to win7, but i was proved extremely wrong, like many ppl, and think its totally great

im all for moving fwd, but only if its really something that i need and will improve my experience, so far win8 doesnt seem to do that, but time will tell

i certainly wont be using it till i get a new machine, and that wont be a for a few years yet (my last one did me well for 7 years)

:)
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby bones » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:27 am

That's just crazy. Win8 has already been shown to be significantly more efficient by almost everyone who has bothered to try it. As you said, you were hesitant about Win7 for absolutely no reason, why do you think this situation is any different? OTOH, I think Win7 is measurably worse than Vista, so I can't wait to get past it.
Dell G7 (Hexa-Core i7)|Cubase Pro 10||Analog Keys|Ultranova|MicroMonsta|Uno|Skulpt|Craft Synth 2.0|
novakill.com
bones
Immortal

Postby traumatek » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:49 pm

Interesting comments bones
Win 8 will be established before I need a new OS, so I'll see how things look then...
Fast and efficient sounds good.

The only reason I was thinking of a new OS is to get a new motherboard and CPU
I'd have to check all the specs again, perhaps a new CPU alone would make a big difference
traumatek
Regular

Postby Teksonik » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:57 pm

HYPNAGOGIA wrote: you're free to stick with XP.

That's very generous of you...... :P
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Kriminal » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:23 pm

bones wrote:That's just crazy. Win8 has already been shown to be significantly more efficient by almost everyone who has bothered to try it. As you said, you were hesitant about Win7 for absolutely no reason, why do you think this situation is any different? OTOH, I think Win7 is measurably worse than Vista, so I can't wait to get past it.

i didnt read up on win7, i was assuming it would be a pain to get used to a new os, but ive read up on win8, and while i see it prob wont be pain, it offers nothing for me, so no need to upgrade

win7 is great, best os so far by a mile
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Previous

Return to Tips'n'tricks