Pls help. How to do ...

Share your technical insight with beginners in this area, or pick up techniques and tricks-of-the-trade posted by seasoned Orion users.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Pls help. How to do ...

Postby DaZoid » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:22 am

I know, I use Orion for 8 years now but I never needed, so never found out

- how to use multiple outputs of the same instrument in a propper way.

e.g. just loaded KONTAK Player -> Steinway Piano which has 8 stripes in the mixer. Normally, I reduce it to 1. But now I want to use 2 instances. How do I route the 2nd stripe and where do I enter the notes for that one. I only have 1 Steinway generator on screen.
DaZoid
Guru

Re: Pls help. How to do ...

Postby Philippe Tavares » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:07 am

:wink: ..."two instances " ...you mean two Kontakt ? ....you have the choice to insert one between three ( a 16out or a 8out or Kontakt )...
Philippe Tavares
Professional

Postby DaZoid » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:28 am

no, one generator, two or more stripes in the mixer. Multi Out
DaZoid
Guru

Postby V/M » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:30 am

I don't know, but I'm guessing MIDI channels? isn't there a channel select on the lower left of the piano roll?
(I'm not at Orion right now) I don't mean to be unhelpful.. I just had a guess and figured it was better than nothing before somebody that knows comes along.
V/M
Professional

Postby DaZoid » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:49 am

V/M wrote:I don't know, but I'm guessing MIDI channels? isn't there a channel select on the lower left of the piano roll?
(I'm not at Orion right now) I don't mean to be unhelpful.. I just had a guess and figured it was better than nothing before somebody that knows comes along.

Tried the MIDI-Chn select in the piano roll. the instrument does show that the keys were hit but no sound coming out.
DaZoid
Guru

Postby Teksonik » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:13 am

Are you sure the Steinway is routed to output 2 within Kontakt ? :)
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby DaZoid » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:31 pm

Teksonik wrote:Are you sure the Steinway is routed to output 2 within Kontakt ? :)

Well, ich choose Midi-Ch 2 in the piano roll and insert some notes. But nothing happens.
Do I have to set something else in KONTAKT? It's an older version from 2003 which came with Garritan Personal Orchestra 4.

UPDATE:
Just choose 2 instead of Omni on the KONTAKT menu on top screen and now it plays the notes from Midi-Ch 2. But still using the first stripe on ORION's Mixing Desk. I want Mid-Ch1 = Stripe 1, Mid-Ch2 = Stripe 2 etc. How does that work?
DaZoid
Guru

Postby DaZoid » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:38 am

Does really noone know how to do that? :shock:
DaZoid
Guru

Postby Philippe Tavares » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:02 am

:? :? ...maybe a limitation of Kontakt player ? .... :? :?
Philippe Tavares
Professional

Postby DaZoid » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:18 am

tubular tos wrote::? :? ...maybe a limitation of Kontakt player ? .... :? :?

not sure. I think I just need to know what to do. Can't fiqure it out. Maybe I should read the manual. :lol:
DaZoid
Guru

Postby heks » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:28 pm

Not sure about Kontakt player but in Kontakt,
click on the output button (next to keyb ) and available channels will be shown.
You then may need to add a channel by selecting 'Create own master channel' it in the second/third and so on instruments own control screen by clicking the v next to output:under the instruments name.
On the new channel click the 1I2 button and in the new dialogue box select the mixer channel you want in Orion
Oh! and you need to do all that midi channel stuff in Orions piano roll, by the sounds of it you've already sorted that part out.
Hope that helps :D
heks
Apprentice

Postby DaZoid » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:18 am

heks wrote:Not sure about Kontakt player but in Kontakt,
click on the output button (next to keyb ) and available channels will be shown.
You then may need to add a channel by selecting 'Create own master channel' it in the second/third and so on instruments own control screen by clicking the v next to output:under the instruments name.
On the new channel click the 1I2 button and in the new dialogue box select the mixer channel you want in Orion
Oh! and you need to do all that midi channel stuff in Orions piano roll, by the sounds of it you've already sorted that part out.
Hope that helps :D

Thanks a lot! Will give it a try.
DaZoid
Guru

Return to Tips'n'tricks