Bus, Fx send

Share your technical insight with beginners in this area, or pick up techniques and tricks-of-the-trade posted by seasoned Orion users.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Bus, Fx send

Postby badshah » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:54 pm

Orion needed more Bus nd Fx send knob. is it possible in coming version???
In FL, i have found a toll that is called Dashboard.I think it use for link control. so, is it possible add in Orion ???
sorry my English language.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
badshah
Regular

Re: Bus, Fx send

Postby Andy-b » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:08 pm

Use FX chain,up to 12 FX per channel,enought ?
Andy-b
Regular

Postby Kriminal » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:49 pm

you can have more than 12, you can put the containers inside the containers :wink:
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby kae » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:04 pm

Thats inserts and not sends.
But do you really need more than 4 sends? A couple of delays, a reverb and the last one for a 2nd reverb or chorus or whatever is more than enough for me. Weird/special delays, reverbs or <insert fx here> I have as inserts since I usually use them only on a single instrument.
But we all have different needs, I know that :)
kae
Novice

Postby Kriminal » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:35 pm

The containers can be inserts or sends
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:41 pm

badshah wrote:Orion needed more Bus nd Fx send knob. is it possible in coming version???
In FL, i have found a toll that is called Dashboard.I think it use for link control. so, is it possible add in Orion ???
sorry my English language.

That doesn't look like FL, looks more like Studio One.
Plus, that EQ can only be useful if you know what it represents. And without knowing how you change its parameters (or even how many it has), it doesn't show a whole picture about it. Without that, I'd say I prefer EQ as it is right now in Orion.

kae wrote:Thats inserts and not sends.
But do you really need more than 4 sends? A couple of delays, a reverb and the last one for a 2nd reverb or chorus or whatever is more than enough for me. Weird/special delays, reverbs or <insert fx here> I have as inserts since I usually use them only on a single instrument.
But we all have different needs, I know that :)

Yes, as Krim said, containers can be used as Sends. MultiFX in particular when in Serial mode; where you can control the Dry/Wet ratio with an XY pad. Plus, you can slap it on the bus, and route what you need there and it will act like an additional shared Send.
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Postby badshah » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:32 pm

HYPNAGOGIA wrote:That doesn't look like FL, looks more like Studio One.
yes sir, actually i give this picture for Eq view..

BTW Now i am struggle at Audio Output problem. I mainly work Electro House, Hard Electro nd Complextro. i can't clear my Audio output. A long time, I watched that when i mixed Complextro, my audio output is not Clear. I think it's my fault because may be not proper set Eq or another Fx..
So, plzz give me some technique for clear my output .
Sorry my English Language.
Thanks.
badshah
Regular

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:53 am

badshah wrote:BTW Now i am struggle at Audio Output problem. I mainly work Electro House, Hard Electro nd Complextro. i can't clear my Audio output. A long time, I watched that when i mixed Complextro, my audio output is not Clear. I think it's my fault because may be not proper set Eq or another Fx..
So, plzz give me some technique for clear my output .
Sorry my English Language.
Thanks.

Any advice would be hard to give without hearing what your meaning of a "not clear" is exactly. A small clip would be nice to hear. Without knowing what you mean, there are couple of things you can pay attention to...

When most people say that their mix isn't clean, they usually refer to the muddy bottom end, or as people call it: the bass. Regardless of the musical style and genre, it is the part of the sound spectrum that can get overcrowded easily and fast. A general rule is that you only keep there what needs to be there. What that means is that you keep your synths out of the bass (leads, pads), unless they really need to be there, and just keep the kick and bassline there. Even with just the kick and bass there, you still have a lot to worry about. The two of them can often clash in the bottom end for the space, so just listen and EQ carefully. If that doesn't work, apply a sidechained compressor, by inserting it on the bass channel and sidechaining it to the kick. Adjust the compressor according to what you hear.

For the mids, there are couple of things you can do to keep it in some sort of shape. Try to pan things around, sort of think in 3D, where you have left and right, as well as back and forth which you can achieve with delays and reverbs. The idea is to keep elements that are more important in the front, while letting less important ones fall more to the back. I generally let pads and strings and some backing synths go more to the back. You might want to keep the main theme instruments more to the front. But you have to keep in mind that everything you put in the mix, if you intend to keep it, is important and needs to be heard, otherwise if it's not heard, it serves no purpose and you can just easily throw it out of the mix - that would be one thing less occupying the space. So, make sure that everything has it's place and can be heard nicely.

For the highs, not much to tell, you already know what needs to be there - highs. That means hats, cymbals/crash, etc. You're allowed to have an occasional synth go there if it serves your purpose, but really not much to tell about that.

It all comes down to what you're hearing. The fact that you think your mix isn't clear sets you on a good path to fix it, which is good. Now you just need to figure out what and where it sounds wrong.

But really, if you need any concrete help with your mix from us here, you will need to give us something to work with, just a clip would be fine.
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Postby Teksonik » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:18 pm

Another freaking Spam Bot post above............. :evil:
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:46 pm

Guess I should feel honored it chose my words to copy :lol:
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Postby Teksonik » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:38 pm

I suppose it is an honor......... :mrgreen:

But I wonder how a Bot decides which thread to bump and what part of a post to quote ? There must be a Human element somewhere........but this idiot forgot to add a working link to whatever trash he is selling......... :lol:
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:58 pm

Teksonik wrote:but this idiot forgot to add a working link to whatever trash he is selling......... :lol:

I know! I said the same thing when I hovered over the "link" and saw there wasn't any and began laughing my butt off. Must be a newbie at work :lol:
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Postby Mark » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:44 pm

What are you lot on about?
Mark

Postby Teksonik » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:50 pm

We're on about the spam post you deleted so now it looks like we're on drugs and hallucinating....... :lol:
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Mark » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:55 am

:shock: :lol:
Mark

Return to Tips'n'tricks