improved graphics and sizes

Post your feature requests for future versions of Orion, Hydra, Scorpion or Plucked String. (Please do not expect a reply from the developers)

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Re: improved graphics and sizes

Postby Kriminal » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:36 am

Podolski gui is crap

If you are not happy with how orion looks, it is fully skinable. Make your own
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby V/M » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:09 am

"improvement" is subjective.

There is something(s) about Podolski's gui that you like that is different than Orion's sampler with the skin you are currently using.
What is that difference?

Are you saying you want it bigger with more contrast?
V/M
Professional

Postby Kriminal » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:28 pm

The orion default skin is crap too....never use it here.
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby Kriminal » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:29 pm

orionauta wrote:
ok you're right, I can create me a different skin, but then you can lower the price of Orion, because I'm not a programmer or graphic web designer ..

You should have demoed it properly before you bought it.
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby Teksonik » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:20 pm

You know you can use the sampler GUI from other skins right ? Check out the version in the Azura skin. It's much cleaner and easier to use (in my opinion of course). :)

Here's the one I use:

Although taste is very subjective I recommend trying BONES' XTRO skin. I love it (with a few personal edits) but you may not feel the same..........worth giving it a try to see if you like it...........
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Teksonik » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:33 pm

Kriminal wrote:Podolski gui is crap

I toned mine down a bit....it would actually fit Orion's Default or Azura skins very well..........

I want to do an orange version that fits the XTRO environment but haven't had time.........
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:41 pm

orionauta wrote:Also "templates", I do not understand why the Insert menu to add an entry for one Vsti can not be grouped with all other Vsti Orion in the "Synths"?

Because Orion synths aren't VST. That's why they're called "native" ;)

ok you're right, I can create me a different skin, but then you can lower the price of Orion, because I'm not a programmer or graphic web designer ..

You should know that Orion skins are made by people like you and me who are not paid to do it. Nick Moritz was brought in to make the current default skin after devs saw his RADO skin he made for Reason. So, making a skin for Orion would in no way affect the price. It is there for your convinience - make it or change it if you don't like it.

buttons blacks on a black background .. (Playlist Mixer Master)

What's wrong with that? You can see that in almost every practical, every-day-life application. TV sets and computer monitors for example; don't they have black buttons on black background too?
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Postby bones » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:20 am

orionauta wrote:may be a sound like crap, but as graphics even a blind man would say it is better than the graphics of the sampler of Orion .. After you do as you wish ..

Perhaps, but as a professional graphic artist who has made many skins, I think the Sampler looks way better than that other thing. What on Earth does all that dead space between the controls achieve? It is incredibly wasteful of precious screen real estate that could be put to far better use. And that baby-shit brown colour is disgusting.
orionauta wrote:You do not fatigue (normal size) to display the commands that are extremely neighbors?

I see no reason to spread them out any further. They are all related parameters that shoudl logically be grouped together.
you must place the mouse pointer in an almost millimeter to import a file ..

Isn't that why you have a mouse?
also the toolbar:
buttons blacks on a black background .. (Playlist Mixer Master)

No, not seeing a problem here, either. If anything, those buttons are much bigger than they need to be. In fact, Orion was perfectly usable when they weren't there at all.
the numbers of the function "start" and "length" are very small ..

I'll agree that they are very small but not that it is a problem. Small is good in my book. And there is the problem - everyone has their own ideas on what makes a good GUI. All you need is someone who thinks like you to make one and you'll be set. See if yo ucan find the Flatskin, it might be just what you're looking for. To expect Rich to change it when the current skin is so well regarded by the majority of users is a bit much.

I would also point out that the Sampler skin was made by Grymmjack. It was part of his Starfighter skin that the vast majority of users loved. He did it for free, which is probably why he never finished it. So, as Hypna pointed out, you aren't paying for the default skin anyway.
Dell G7 (Hexa-Core i7)|Cubase Pro 10||Analog Keys|Ultranova|MicroMonsta|Uno|Skulpt|Craft Synth 2.0|
novakill.com
bones
Immortal

Return to Wishlist