Orion 9 Wishlist 2014

Post your feature requests for future versions of Orion, Hydra, Scorpion or Plucked String. (Please do not expect a reply from the developers)

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Re: Orion 9 Wishlist 2014

Postby Suonoecomputer » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:32 am

ok thanks, it in effect for those who are fond of a musical genre "old style" appreciates more these sounds that come close to analog synthesizers of the past years. I had called attention to these aspects in order to modernize the environment and perhaps create less plug-in, but having one that could meet a little 'all needs. Surely the habit of seeing every day the release of new plug-in is a bad habit .. heh heh. Regarding the system verification that I mentioned do not mean a system that makes playing all right, but a system that helps to understand when and how to measure out the parameters of each effect including reverbs, delays, chorus etc .. say a system that helps in the mixing. . not that he does everything .. :wink:
Suonoecomputer
Regular

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:06 am

Hinfoweb wrote:Regarding the system verification that I mentioned do not mean a system that makes playing all right, but a system that helps to understand when and how to measure out the parameters of each effect including reverbs, delays, chorus etc .. say a system that helps in the mixing. . not that he does everything .. :wink:

But that's the thing: How would a software know how you want your tracks to sound? If there's a template for different genres, then all songs would basically sound the same, and it would stop being a creative process, and become an automated one at best - sort of like coming off a production line in a factory. You choose the ingredients, and a machine finishes a product for you. From where I'm standing, if it does mixing for you, it's simply some short steps from doing the mastering for you as well. But regardless, there is, and probably won't be, no way for software to do the decision work for you - as you really ought to listen more while making music instead of punching numbers in - if you know what I mean ;)
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Postby Solid Technica » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:27 am

An automated music daw would be no fun at all. How much satisfaction do you have loading up a bach concerto into the piano roll where all the melodies are done for you. I view working with midi files the same way as automating :lol: On a different but close note, I would like to see some ways to modify something that is already sequenced in the piano roll, like reverse melodies, or arpeggiate chords in real time in the piano roll with options that effect the midi in real time as well, like how many octaves, note length gate, etc. Take a look at Fl Studio arpeggiator. A lot of fun.
Solid Technica
Regular

Postby Suonoecomputer » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:56 am

you are right, sometimes I travel too much with the imagination .. eh eh sorry .. :oops: :P :lol:
Suonoecomputer
Regular

Postby Suonoecomputer » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:29 pm

I noticed that some programs producing audio-midi (Sonar, Pro Tools, etc ..) have the opportunity to color the channel mixer (or change their color) to be able to group them and distinguish them immediately. You think this would be a good idea? What do you think? Thank You
Suonoecomputer
Regular

Postby Solid Technica » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:41 pm

I like that idea along with group tracks into folders for playlist upkeep!!
Solid Technica
Regular

Postby dmassive » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:16 pm

Solid Technica wrote:It would also be nice if we could simply open a project file, an option like which vsti's to select (like in merge), and simply uncheck all the buggy ones that won't allow Orion to open. Similar to the open project without all vst like way back when but this time orion would let you choose which vsti not to open..

That would be awesome! :drool:

Hinfoweb wrote:it in effect for those who are fond of a musical genre "old style"

About Old Style... with Plucked String you can make one of the most popular sound in the dance scene right now! People are crazy looking for how to make that sound and you got it in Orion for free, with low resources and a nice interface. :wink:
"Pleeease, bring back ORION!"
dmassive
Regular

Postby Suonoecomputer » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:13 pm

It seems to me that he understood that the volume knob at the top to the toolbar, corresponds to the sum of the volumes Mixer + Return + Bus that end up in the Master Mixer. I noticed that must be manually adjusted to achieve the same level of dB in output on the master mixer.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k5x2VzaEzmsXDC9Pybg

In this regard, I wanted to ask if you can have a more accurate adjustment knob for this volume (perhaps expressed in dB) so that we can now to find the right ratio of 1: 1 dB of signal between the mixer and output dB on the Master Mixer .
Also wanted to ask if you could adjust all volume fader more precisely: maybe clicking twice on the fader to pop up a small window where you can write in a precise value in dB and then set it to the fader of each volume.
Thank.
Suonoecomputer
Regular

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:09 pm

Hinfoweb wrote:I noticed that some programs producing audio-midi (Sonar, Pro Tools, etc ..) have the opportunity to color the channel mixer (or change their color) to be able to group them and distinguish them immediately. You think this would be a good idea? What do you think? Thank You

It could be useful, but unfortunately, due to Orion's skinning system, that doesn't seem very doable, I think.

It seems to me that he understood that the volume knob at the top to the toolbar, corresponds to the sum of the volumes Mixer + Return + Bus that end up in the Master Mixer. I noticed that must be manually adjusted to achieve the same level of dB in output on the master mixer.

It's actually completely irrelevant which volume control you want to use. Some people prefer the top knob, some Master fader. It's individual preference and both do the same thing. What is very important, though, is that both VU meters on top and Master one will always show the same thing - and those are the ones you should never ride into the "red" area ;) But whether or not they're set to same values? It really doesn't matter. Same goes for Returns, Buses and individual channels - in real usage, you will never get them to be the same, so again, it doesn't matter.

In this regard, I wanted to ask if you can have a more accurate adjustment knob for this volume (perhaps expressed in dB) so that we can now to find the right ratio of 1: 1 dB of signal between the mixer and output dB on the Master Mixer .
Also wanted to ask if you could adjust all volume fader more precisely: maybe clicking twice on the fader to pop up a small window where you can write in a precise value in dB and then set it to the fader of each volume.

You can actually use your mouse wheel while holding SHIFT key for that. Just click on the section you want to change (like the mixer), then hover over any of the controls (works on Sends, EQ, Pan and Volume) and just hold Shift key and scroll away. It gives you a pretty good precision ;)
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Postby Suonoecomputer » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:23 pm

Ok Thank, I wondered if it could be added to Orion, the new equalizer GQ-7 that was made for Reason
Suonoecomputer
Regular

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:30 pm

Hinfoweb wrote:Ok Thank, I wondered if it could be added to Orion, the new equalizer GQ-7 that was made for Reason

I have no doubts something like it will find its way into Orion. Possibly for v9, though.
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Postby Solid Technica » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:16 am

HYPNAGOGIA wrote:
Hinfoweb wrote:Ok Thank, I wondered if it could be added to Orion, the new equalizer GQ-7 that was made for Reason

I have no doubts something like it will find its way into Orion. Possibly for v9, though.

Yes! Orion really needs a graphic eq, just hope it is super lightweight cpu wise :drool:
Solid Technica
Regular

Postby Richard » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:16 pm

weekendwarrior wrote:Guys when is orion coming out??? An update or something ?

We're not developing Orion "as it is" beyond version 8.6, so that's the last update for now. There is far too little interest in Orion (from legit users anyway). We have a magnitude more plugin users than Orion users, and those users demand updates/bugfixes/future developments as well. As professional developers we can't afford to ignore 95% of our userbase in favor of the 5% or less using Orion. Of course that sucks since we love Orion and use it every single day, but we have to accept the reality as it is, not as we'd like it to be.

Note that we do have plans for a new sequencer, but that'll take quite some time for sure.
Richard
Synapse Audio

Postby dmassive » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:51 pm

Thanks for the info!

Just a suggestion... ¿Could you consider release Orion (or part of it) as an Open Source Project?
"Pleeease, bring back ORION!"
dmassive
Regular

Postby Solid Technica » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:45 pm

This is just too sad to hear Richard :( There were so many cool ideas in developement (Master Playlist Idea), etc. I really hope you reconsider, atleast work part part time on it to keep the bugs out and have it new OS capable! There is one bug with the lasso/pencil tool in the playlist that desperately needs fixing!
Solid Technica
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Wishlist