Orion 9 Wishlist 2014

Post your feature requests for future versions of Orion, Hydra, Scorpion or Plucked String. (Please do not expect a reply from the developers)

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Re: Orion 9 Wishlist 2014

Postby Solid Technica » Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:56 am

Another one just came to me, would be nice to save all patterns in a style if possible, especially for the drumrack :D
Solid Technica
Regular

Postby Solid Technica » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:43 am

It would also be cool if I could transfer all automation's of a generator from the playlist into pattern mode. Say I have 16 bars of automating many different parameters and I want to loop only a certain section of the automations I would be able to if I could just have them transferred to a pattern.
Solid Technica
Regular

Postby dmassive » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:52 am

I wish... a better Load Projects.

Orion have an unstable load project... in deep... "Open Project" works probably as single thread operation because the application turns unstable when loading big projects. As a programmer I know developing multi threads applications is not too easy but in some points is necessary.

I use some VSTs with USB elicenser & internet check, probably ¿? this make things turn more unstable. :|
"Pleeease, bring back ORION!"
dmassive
Regular

Postby Solid Technica » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:32 pm

It would be nice when merging projects, there is an option to also load all the automation events, send and bus inserts, and tempo information. This can be handy just for loading all that info and also workaround for buggy plugins. You could merge entire track without a single plugin etc, thus loaded the track fine.
Solid Technica
Regular

Postby Suonoecomputer » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:52 pm

Assuming that you have to fix the current version 8.6, I believe that the version 9 will be released in 2016 .. Maybe ..
I noticed that the audio is very weak, you can not make cuts to an audio file. No time stretching, no pitch shift etc ..
Maybe you can delete all the speech audio IN and leave only the import of audio samples (.wav).
Maybe enhance the sampler of Orion. Eliminate small synth now old and outdated sound quality .. (monobass, Plucked string etc ..).
Remove DirectX plugin (now obsolete).
I have an idea very science fiction (and I think impossible to achieve at least 10 more years ..) to an automated system that makes an analysis of the song that is realized by means of a written report and help correct the settings of the plugin example. if you are set to incorrect values of compression here is that this system suggests how to set these values correctly ..
Suonoecomputer
Regular

Postby dmassive » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:50 pm

Hinfoweb wrote:Eliminate small synth now old and outdated sound quality .. (monobass, Plucked string etc ..).

I don't agree. Orion needs more things, no less things.

I use Monobass a lot, plucked string is good, and I also use a few DirectX Old Plugins. :D
"Pleeease, bring back ORION!"
dmassive
Regular

Postby kmatm » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:27 pm

Hinfoweb wrote:Assuming that you have to fix the current version 8.6, I believe that the version 9 will be released in 2016 ..

What drugs are you on? I'm glad you're not on the dev team.
kmatm
Apprentice

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:00 am

Solid Technica wrote:It would be nice when merging projects, there is an option to also load all the automation events, send and bus inserts, and tempo information. This can be handy just for loading all that info and also workaround for buggy plugins. You could merge entire track without a single plugin etc, thus loaded the track fine.

Merging sends is an impossibility, since you can have different effects from different projects. Orion wouldn't know which one to put on Sends channels. And automations seems to have caused issues, so that didn't went into Merge either.
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:07 am

Hinfoweb wrote:Assuming that you have to fix the current version 8.6, I believe that the version 9 will be released in 2016 .. Maybe ..

"Maybe". There were times when it took 2-3 years and even more for a new version to come out.
you can not make cuts to an audio file

You can, in the Playlist, with the selection tool. Or, you know, use an Audio Editor ;)
Maybe you can delete all the speech audio IN and leave only the import of audio samples (.wav).

What's a "speech audio IN"? I honestly have no clue.
Maybe enhance the sampler of Orion.

Richard mentioned something about Sampler 2 or something like that. Can't really tell what was happening with that.
Eliminate small synth now old and outdated sound quality .. (monobass, Plucked string etc ..).

"Old and outdated"

Seriously, who the heck are people to call things old and outdated? Why is it outdated? Because they were invented in the 80s? As far as I'm concerned, that's called vintage.

And really, not every synth today has to take a half of my screen space and has 21220251078800195479236 voices of polyphony to be considered "modern". As far as I'm concerned, if it's not making an unintentional really loud noise sound, it's still good. And I personally prefer the small synths, actually, the smaller the better. My all-time favorite synth has only 9 knobs and that's it. So basically, to sum it up...

Remove the monobass, and I'll kill you! :mrgreen:

Starting to notice a pattern where you'd go about removing stuff you deem obsolete. What makes you think someone else doesn't find it obsolete? And have you ever heard of "backward compatibility"? Thank God at least Richard still holds that to a high regard ;)
I have an idea very science fiction (and I think impossible to achieve at least 10 more years ..) to an automated system that makes an analysis of the song that is realized by means of a written report and help correct the settings of the plugin example. if you are set to incorrect values of compression here is that this system suggests how to set these values correctly ..

So basically, you want a "one button instant hit" machine, right? Regardless of skills and hearing abilities, you'll still get the "great" (and that's debatable, read below) sounding instruments, effects and overall, the song. Would you like it to do the mastering for you as well?

But, let's get serious here. So, you have this "written report" (whatever that is) that Orion is using to make suggested corrections to instruments, effects, mixer settings, EQ and so on, to make it all sound sparkly and beautiful. What's your role in all that then? Just selecting the instruments, effects, writing compositions and that's it? You would honestly rely on a software to make your song sound good? How could it possibly make it sound the way YOU WANT it to sound? I'm guessing this would need further explanations, but I just can't see it happening, and not just in 10 years, but EVER.
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Postby Solid Technica » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:11 am

But what about using the merge function to open a project in its entirety, but without a buggy plugin. You could merge the entire project into a new song instance where there aren't any sends used. Simply select all then un check the buggy plugin, then select preserve tempo, fx, automations. etc.

Also, just for merging an instrument or two from another song, why can't orion also import the automations used on a given song. This could also be done by an option to save all automations within and event editor window for recall from file or simply copied to clipboard.

Edit* Sorry just read the part about buggy transfering automations. Thats a bummer.... Could it be because of potential tempo differences?
Solid Technica
Regular

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:45 am

You can basically import all effects, however the Sends won't be assigned. That's to avoid accidental overrides that might occur. Same applies for Tempo as well.

As for merging automations, can't really remember exactly what it was... possibly because we have 2 ways of storing automations, not sure.
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Postby Solid Technica » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:56 am

It would also be nice if we could simply open a project file, an option like which vsti's to select (like in merge), and simply uncheck all the buggy ones that won't allow Orion to open. Similar to the open project without all vst like way back when but this time orion would let you choose which vsti not to open..
Solid Technica
Regular

Postby Steven_Blair » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:53 am

Talk of removing monobass is fighting talk where I live :P
I literally would cry if that got removed.
Steven_Blair
Apprentice

Postby Suonoecomputer » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:58 am

kmatm wrote:
Hinfoweb wrote:Assuming that you have to fix the current version 8.6, I believe that the version 9 will be released in 2016 ..

What drugs are you on? I'm glad you're not on the dev team.

the same ones that assume you too :drool:
Suonoecomputer
Regular

Postby Solid Technica » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:59 am

Serioulsy, :lol: , monobass is superb for its simplicty, one of the best with added distortion from orion, and the slides make it unique in Orion. I suggest using the plugin more to see what it can do. Then again, if monobass was replaced with something like ABL2 that would be a different story. Then again, I would probably still have need of it :D
Solid Technica
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Wishlist