GQ-7

Post your feature requests for future versions of Orion, Hydra, Scorpion or Plucked String. (Please do not expect a reply from the developers)

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

GQ-7

Postby ufo » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:02 pm

Just checked out the GQ-7, noice.

Pretty disappointed, Orion users have been requesting an eq with interactive display for so many years. :(
Certainly if these mods or additions are created, they do not have to be included foc in the package
But Orionauts could purchase as vsts. In practice, I have purchased all of Richards children even as far
Back as the formant thingy..........

Anyway, device looks pretty cool, can you actually enter specific numbers directly in their displays?
(I cannot test, I do not Reason)

Maybe one day this will find its way into Orion.

Peace.
---=u f o=--- /Radiation Mutant / Snee-Nee-Iq
ufo
Elite Producer

Re: GQ-7

Postby Richard » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:50 pm

We can port it over, but note that is not easy as RE is a technology that differs quite a bit from VST.

The idea of the GQ-7 is to offer a Reason alternative to the high-end VST equalizer plugins on the market, something for everyday mixing and mastering tasks. Making it a VST plugin would require us to create something a little different, something that is not available in VST form just yet. While we have ideas for this, further research and coding efforts are necessary :)
Richard
Synapse Audio

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:54 pm

I think UFO just meant that, aside from the RE specifics, we'd like to have a visual EQ, nothing more.

Just this par of it:

HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Postby ufo » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:13 pm

For sure Hypnagogic

Perhaps a slight modification to our existing parametric device - adding the interactive display and the ability to key in exact freqs would be soooooo very cool.

Cheerio
---=u f o=--- /Radiation Mutant / Snee-Nee-Iq
ufo
Elite Producer

Postby Solid Technica » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:52 am

Anyway to embed it into the orion mixer? If you want to have a closer look at the curves you could double click the mixer or something and have that pop out displaying the mixer settings. Got the idea from using Samplitude :D
Solid Technica
Regular

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:08 am

Or, you know... not complicating things by changing the mixer and stuff, and just release it as a VST or even an internal Orion's effect that you can use on an Insert ;)
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Postby knechtodawas » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:54 pm

As Rich already stated he developed the GQ-7 because there are not too many good EQs for Reason. Porting the plug-in to VST does not make much sense in my opinion. In contrast to RE format there are hundreds of plug-ins with the features of GQ-7 in VST format, some of them for free. So porting GQ-7 to VST would probably not generate too many sales (except the Synapse fanboys ;)).
knechtodawas
Regular

Postby dmassive » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:24 pm

knechtodawas wrote:So porting GQ-7 to VST would probably not generate too many sales (except the Synapse fanboys ;)).

You're right... Don't waste time... I think is better to focus on Orion development first. :)
"Pleeease, bring back ORION!"
dmassive
Regular

Postby Solid Technica » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:43 am

dmassive wrote:
knechtodawas wrote:So porting GQ-7 to VST would probably not generate too many sales (except the Synapse fanboys ;)).

You're right... Don't waste time... I think is better to focus on Orion development first. :)

agreed, unless somehow this could be incorporated into Orion somehow.
Solid Technica
Regular

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:13 am

And that would probably be just added as an effect you could use on Inserts/Sends. Seriously, I wouldn't get my hopes up of that EVER getting embedded on the mixer.
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Return to Wishlist