DUNE 2 Improvements I Would Like

Post your feature requests for future versions of Orion, Hydra, Scorpion or Plucked String. (Please do not expect a reply from the developers)

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

DUNE 2 Improvements I Would Like

Postby Jamnystic » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:00 pm

Hello, I'm now a proud owner of the DUNE 1+2 bundle which I won in the charity auction over at kvraudio. :D I absolutely love these synths, and of course, especially DUNE 2. Phenomenal sound quality for a very modest CPU hit.
I've been digging into it for a couple of days, designing some sounds and just getting to know it. I really like the workflow, especially the way the unison voices and the mod matrix combine. It allows complex patches to be built quite quickly. As with every synth I've ever used though, there's always room for improvement, IMHO. Here are some things I feel I've missed.

1) I could definitely use 1 or 2 extra ADSR envelopes per unison voice. I feel there's plenty of other things that could be modulated with them, and I would like the flexibility of not having to share the filter envelope. One of the great things about using the ADSR envelopes instead of the MSEG's is having the ability to modulate the envelope segments, with velocity for example, and I've never heard it sound any better than in DUNE 2. I've not heard a single click or pop at all, like I have in many other synths.

2) Even if you added an ADSR or 2 I would still like it if in the MSEG's we could modulate a couple of the envelope nodes. For example, maybe we could designate one as Attack and another as Decay, then have them show up as mod destinations in the matrix.

3) I would also like to be able to set loop points in the MSEG's.

4) It would be handy to have the LFO's show up in the mod matrix as unipolar and bipolar.

5) In the filter effect, how about a highpass filter with key track and resonance? I like to use resonant, keytracked highpass filters on basses to boost the fundamental whilst cutting the really low end rumble. I'd rather not use the main filter for that so I can use it for more creative tone shaping.

6) Please can you add the Unison Voices Detune and Spread parameters to the mod matrix.

7) Some macro knobs wouldn't go amiss please.

8) A couple of workflow suggestions to finish: Double click knobs to set to default. It's helpful when you've got one hand on your MIDI keyboard.

9)Editing of multiple layers simultaneously, of our choosing.

Ok that's all. Sorry for the lengthy post, but I hope these wishes make sense, and, if you decide to add to DUNE 2, that you will consider them. :wink: DUNE 2 is still a great synth as it is anyway. :D

Cheers!
Mark
Jamnystic
Novice

Return to Wishlist