Dear Richard : Copy Samples to Project folder

Post your feature requests for future versions of Orion, Hydra, Scorpion or Plucked String. (Please do not expect a reply from the developers)

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Re: Dear Richard : Copy Samples to Project folder

Postby BMS » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:46 pm

love you all by the way

BMS
Regular

Postby Kriminal » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:19 pm

use reaper then, problem solved....
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby Kriminal » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:22 pm

BMS wrote:This would be perfect as I've recently had to do this manually in a new computer for around 50 projects & hundreds of samples had to be found, so to avoid that in future, I've been manually copying them from a sample drive so everything is consolidated in it's own project folder (sfs projects, presets & project samples) it's the tedious part of maintaining some form of order which I'm wondering if could be made easier for our users

I know you can use the bundle samples option, but that is kinda useless when the actual samples aren't located anywhere the user can access, it would be nice if it bundled the samples into the project folder as well

how difficult would that be to do Rich?

& will you implement it for us sample based artists?

Personally i keep my sample paths the same on every computer, so i never have a problem. I back everything up onto another drive, and copy it to a new computer when i get one. Every song opens up and loads all the files...

simple housekeeping really...
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby BMS » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:11 pm

Kriminal wrote:use reaper then, problem solved....

lol, you are a lovely bunch, I knew I'd get some resistance, was being deliberately facetious to get a reply

I have a problem in that I love orions, sampler, drumrack & quickness to get something down as a midi sketching tool it can't be beaten.

Anyone know any samplers as low footprint & on a par with orions?

Kriminal wrote:
BMS wrote:This would be perfect as I've recently had to do this manually in a new computer for around 50 projects & hundreds of samples had to be found, so to avoid that in future, I've been manually copying them from a sample drive so everything is consolidated in it's own project folder (sfs projects, presets & project samples) it's the tedious part of maintaining some form of order which I'm wondering if could be made easier for our users

I know you can use the bundle samples option, but that is kinda useless when the actual samples aren't located anywhere the user can access, it would be nice if it bundled the samples into the project folder as well

how difficult would that be to do Rich?

& will you implement it for us sample based artists?

Personally i keep my sample paths the same on every computer, so i never have a problem. I back everything up onto another drive, and copy it to a new computer when i get one. Every song opens up and loads all the files...

simple housekeeping really...

Yeah, Fair - mine are the same, I can open them no worries everything is found, still all on D:, still pointing to d:, but trying to consolidate the samples into a project folder is long, like housekeeping in a hoarders house.

Oh I know all too well it's with me, not anyone else.
BMS
Regular

Postby Kriminal » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:15 pm

this was talked about many years ago actually, but nothing was agreed on and nothing happened, so i def wouldnt expect it to happen now
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby BMS » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:38 pm

Ahh, Fair enough, don't think I signed up on the forums until later, & only pop on now & again. I always do a quick courtesy search just to see but didn't bring anything up this time. I don't usually do wishlist things too as we all know what design by committee leads to. Just one of those things where you find yourself doing something & think this could be a lot easier, without detriment to anything else, & I wonder if anyone else has come across it, but seems like it's only me.

ah well, onwards.
BMS
Regular

Postby Kriminal » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:22 pm

I think it was on the old unofficial forum and maybe the beta forum

to be fair, the search function here is crap at best :lol:
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby BMS » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:58 pm

Kriminal wrote:I think it was on the old unofficial forum and maybe the beta forum

to be fair, the search function here is crap at best :lol:

:lol:

hah, was that called orionoughts or something? I seem to have lost the memory.

Yeah, I had noticed. find myself googling things works better

Speaking of which, search & all, I think I remembered reading you or Lance saying you used a third party bridge (that worked) for old 32 bit plugs that lazy devs had either given up on, or not updated yet, I'm trying to get on the x64 version of ORION as I;ve just upgraded to a beast of a machine - but there are a couple of things I used a lot of older projects I'd like to keep on with or at least use. Have any idea what I'm on about?
BMS
Regular

Postby BMS » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:41 pm

Wondering if it is this https://jstuff.wordpress.com/jbridge/updates/ as I'm trying not to install loads of crap on this machine, plus it's a paid thing too

Friday night re installing vsts, what has life become :lol:
BMS
Regular

Postby dmassive » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:30 am

I have JBridge and works good. Only 2 drawbacks, load/unload plugins takes about 3 seconds, and when the JBridge vst is selected takes keyboard control and transport buttons keys don't work, you must use the mouse to use transport buttons.
"Pleeease, bring back ORION!"
dmassive
Regular

Postby BMS » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:03 pm

dmassive wrote:I have JBridge and works good. Only 2 drawbacks, load/unload plugins takes about 3 seconds, and when the JBridge vst is selected takes keyboard control and transport buttons keys don't work, you must use the mouse to use transport buttons.

Cool, Thanks for the reply I will need to look into something as some of my older plug ins are either discontinued or only x86 :/
BMS
Regular

Previous

Return to Wishlist