Antidote VSTi

Post your feature requests for future versions of Orion, Hydra, Scorpion or Plucked String. (Please do not expect a reply from the developers)

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Antidote VSTi

Postby umbertus » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:33 pm

i own Dune 1.4, Dune 2 and Antidote. i really hope Synapse audio will releasy Antidote also as VST Instrument, this would be a game changer ! Ease to use, with a lot of superb Presets ! hope one day i will see Antidote as VSTi.
umbertus
Novice

Re: Antidote VSTi

Postby Kriminal » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:36 pm

If you have Dune 2 you already have antidote, and more
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:15 am

What Krim said ;)

Antidote was a test playground for DUNE2 that got released as RE in the end. What's picked from there was implemented into DUNE 2 and added more stuff upon that. So, yeah, if you have DUNE2, you already have Antidote and more.
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Postby Tronam » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:36 pm

HYPNAGOGIA wrote:What Krim said ;)

Antidote was a test playground for DUNE2 that got released as RE in the end. What's picked from there was implemented into DUNE 2 and added more stuff upon that. So, yeah, if you have DUNE2, you already have Antidote and more.

So Antidote was just thrown together from test playground spare parts? That's not an accurate characterization at all. Regardless of whether or not Antidote and Dune 2 share fundamental technologies, they're still different instruments.
Tronam
Novice

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:36 pm

Tronam wrote:So Antidote was just thrown together from test playground spare parts?

What? I never said it made from spare parts, you took that out of context that I never gave ;)

I said that Antidote served as a testing ground for technologies and techniques, from its inception through the development, that finally went into DUNE 2. Just a FYI: DUNE 2 was originally meant to be Antidote as a complete new synth, but DUNE's architecture had features that fitted perfectly with things that Antidote already had at that point - and DUNE2 was born. So, in a way, you could say that DUNE2 was thrown together from Antidote's spare parts :lol: with added magic spice on top ;)

That's not an accurate characterization at all.

What would be an accurate characterization anyway? It is what it is. Antidote played two crucial parts in Synapse software development:
1. It was a test ground during its development for things that went into DUNE 2: filters, oscillators... whatnot... and,
2. It was one of the things that pushed Synapse into developing RE plugins in the first place.

You want characterization? I'd characterize it as a tipping point for Richard and Marcin ;)
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Return to Wishlist