Dune 2 Select Wavetable and Osc Density via MIDI control?

Post your feature requests for future versions of Orion, Hydra, Scorpion or Plucked String. (Please do not expect a reply from the developers)

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Dune 2 Select Wavetable and Osc Density via MIDI control?

Postby willdahbe » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:19 am

Hello and greetings. To get to the point it would be great if we could midi map a knob or a slider to the Wavetable drop down menu as well as allowing us MIDI access to the Oscillator Density parameter.

I have a basic template set up for Dune with a couple controllers being a Korg nanokontrol and Liine Lemur. It's really great to design patches this way, not having to go back to the computer to make some adjustments to sound while playing and really get into the zone. Allowing us to access these parameters would greatly enhance the programming/playability of Dune 2.

It would also be nice to have access on which synthesis method we want via midi also. e.g. Switch from VA,WT,FM.

The reason I would like this feature so much is that Dune 2 has quickly became my go to VST for 75%of my synth sounds and such added features would only solidify that more.

Best,
Emery
willdahbe
Novice

Re: Dune 2 Select Wavetable and Osc Density via MIDI control

Postby willdahbe » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:33 am

This would also be great for automation in tracks to slim down and beef up parts throughout using the Density amount coupled with Detune and Spread. Or the ability to automate/modulate the Wavetable type via an MSEG in the Mod Matrix or in your DAW.

That would truly become a game changer for this synth and it wouldn't be too far off from the original concept at all IMO.
willdahbe
Novice

Postby Cheesetaster » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:31 pm

Hello

I dont Know if i'm in the correct section but my question concernes the automation of dune2 parameteres in ni maschine.
I only use the demo version for the moment and i'm intersted in upgrading to the full version but only if i have the possibility to automate the major parameteres via the maschine software. For the moment it seems it is not the case. All the pareteres of dune 2 appear correctly in the maschine software but they dońt have any effect on the parameteres themselves. As i turn the knobs in maschine nothing happens in the knobs of dune 2.

Is this normal? Is it due to the demo version?
Thanks in advanced for your clues!
Cheesetaster
Novice

Postby willdahbe » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:58 pm

Most of the parameters are midi mappable. Although I do get some bugs now and then from multiple controllers (korg nanoKontrol, Liine Lemur) not being able to access certain parameters or acting strange. Although this might be due to my own lack of abilities.
willdahbe
Novice

Return to Wishlist