DUNE2 (and why not DUNE1) - non-"integer" filters

Post your feature requests for future versions of Orion, Hydra, Scorpion or Plucked String. (Please do not expect a reply from the developers)

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

DUNE2 (and why not DUNE1) - non-"integer" filters

Postby Ghost Dog » Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:44 am

I apologize if this has already been mentioned, but nevertheless ....

How about making a really nice synth even nicer? How about giving us some 21st century dials for filters, envelopes and everything else?

I mean, seriously, you guys most definitely know a thing or two about coding (AFAIK, many things in these synths are coded in assembler .... and it shows too!), but you have Cutoff (for example), expressed in percents instead of Hz. And the worst part is - only integer values!

How about decimal numbers everywhere and Hz for filters, dB for volumes, seconds (milliseconds) for envelopes etc. (ok, selected WaveTable doesn't have to be 31.0000 or 32.0000, but you get my point)?

(I would say "kudos for this new update and the "analog" envelope is really, really nice!" , but I'm really irked about these "integer" dials. :wink: )
Ghost Dog
Novice

Re: DUNE2 (and why not DUNE1) - non-"integer" filters

Postby Yorrrrrr » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:02 am

Or at least the option to choose what to show, or just show both. I also miss a Hz readout and other information. Would be a nice addition.
Yorrrrrr
Regular

Postby Christophe » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:44 pm

Richard wrote:I'm not sure what the point of this would be, to be honest. In my mind this is slower than just dialing in the value you want (very often it will be 0-100 anyway). Besides if we had say decibels this would be quite confusing since it would typically not match the scale you see. Furthermore, if you set up modulations in the mod matrix it would additionally not be identical to what you hear.

from kvr
Yamaha CS-30, Roland SH-1, Roland MKS70, Focusrite Scarlett 18i6, Yamaha FS1R, Oberheim Matrix 1000, Novation Remote 37SL, Korg Legacy, Alesis M1Active 520, Novation Launchpad Pro, Push2, Intel i7-7700HQ
Christophe

Postby Ghost Dog » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:57 pm

Christophe wrote:
Richard wrote:I'm not sure what the point of this would be, to be honest. In my mind this is slower than just dialing in the value you want (very often it will be 0-100 anyway). Besides if we had say decibels this would be quite confusing since it would typically not match the scale you see. Furthermore, if you set up modulations in the mod matrix it would additionally not be identical to what you hear.

from kvr

This timely response with a terse quote from another forum is really heartwarming.

(While I'm not being sinister here - yes - I am being sarcastic. :wink: )

I will give a proper reply over there.
Ghost Dog
Novice

Return to Wishlist