orions distortion fx in vst format

Post your feature requests for future versions of Orion, Hydra, Scorpion or Plucked String. (Please do not expect a reply from the developers)

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

orions distortion fx in vst format

Postby mfer » Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:57 pm

Hi,

im not an orion owner, but having played with it a little i just came to love the included distortion fx. Im talking about the tube and 2 band distortion and maybe also the saturation. But mainly the first 2 i mentioned. They are nice and simple and really have all the controls i want with a great "clean" but still hard distortion sound and they are great in combination with each other.
Also important is that they do not seem to be very cpu demanding.
Actually all orion fx are quite nice and would be great to have in vst format to be honest. I understand its possible to resample or use rewire but thats not really an ideal setup and preferably avoid using rewire as much as possible.
The orion version ive tried was 8.02 so i dont know if the fx are the same in later versions.
I understand they are probably ment as a selling point for orion so its probably a long shot to request them in vst format but i like them so much its worth a try :)
mfer
Novice

Re: orions distortion fx in vst format

Postby bones » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:31 am

It is extremely unlikely anything like this will happen. Orion is dead and those plugins are quite old. If Rich was to make an effects VSTs, he would probably make new ones from scratch.
Dell G7 (Hexa-Core i7)|Cubase Pro 10||Analog Keys|Ultranova|MicroMonsta|Uno|Skulpt|Craft Synth 2.0|
novakill.com
bones
Immortal

Return to Wishlist