Single Dune 2 Wish

Post your feature requests for future versions of Orion, Hydra, Scorpion or Plucked String. (Please do not expect a reply from the developers)

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Single Dune 2 Wish

Postby Solid Technica » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:46 pm

I was really hoping that Dune 2's master filter could effect all the other filters while preserving there positions. Currently, if I move any of the master filter settings, it moves all the layers to match this. This also applies to any of the master settings, like envelopes, etc An option to preserve the layers settings but only moving there relative positions from the master layer would be A W E S O M E!!! :drool:. Maybe another button like how the envelope got an analog one, this way to preserve past patches.
Solid Technica
Regular

Re: Single Dune 2 Wish

Postby Kriminal » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:06 pm

Master filter?
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby Solid Technica » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:14 pm

Global filter or layer :!:
Solid Technica
Regular

Postby Richard » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:03 pm

Actually DUNE 2 filters are all per layer. It's just when you select "ALL" in the voice edit section (default), you control all layers simultaneously which is great for unison-type patches. But you can easily edit individual layers by selecting the numbers 1-8.

But maybe you want to control different layers with individual settings with a master control, in a relative way. This is possible via the modulation matrix, by assigning e.g. the Modwheel to the filter. Now all layers will keep their individual filter settings, yet you can modify them relatively with the modwheel or whatever parameter you choose.
Richard
Synapse Audio

Postby Solid Technica » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:25 pm

Yes, I have been doing that with the modulation wheel for literally hundreds of patches so far. Often, I have 8 filters assigned to the modulation wheel for formant like effects. Needless to say, its a little tedious and time consuming to do so, not to mention, if the all tab's filter is somehow altered by mistake, would negate the formant effect since it would link all layers to the 'global' filter. I personally think a master layer that would adjust each individual layer relatively could greatly increase Dune 2's creative flexibility! Does anyone else agree?

Rapid for instance is also very similar to Dune 2's 8 layer architecture and has a master filter that is assigned relatively and it is really awesome. First thing that came to mind would be how great if dune 2 also behaved this way. I think both linked and relative absolutely have there usefulness :D
Solid Technica
Regular

Return to Wishlist