The Legend PROs and CONs

Post your feature requests for future versions of Orion, Hydra, Scorpion or Plucked String. (Please do not expect a reply from the developers)

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

The Legend PROs and CONs

Postby Springuy » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:15 pm

PROs : The Legend sounds good, most presets have warmth and grease of the original MINIMOOG, and even if I bought it today I already made a few presets myself. I will certainly use it in my tracks

CONs : well, the addition made to the original MINIMOOG are welcome, BUT they can get in the way of sounding (when tweaking parameters) like a real Mini :
1/ Stereo only? Really? nice sometimes but I would love to be able to have a mono instance of the plug, it's great for bass and I keep bass monos most of the time (anyway, on vinyl, you HAVE TO) Also sometimes even with nothing on, it has some strange stereo modulations/pans that are annoying (mono mode of course not unison or poly)
2/ ADSR is nice but please allow us to have a simpler env with ADS , switchable Release equal time with Decay like the original...(helps to recreate patches I am familiar with and if you are after being faithful to the original...)
3/ most annoying : editing behaviour : sometimes it doesn't behave at all like a minimoog when editing : example , I change the range of any oscillator, the sound changes completely sometimes even without drift and symetry, it's like I canged the filter settings as well...or the VCA, not normal (I had three different Minimoogs, behaving a bit differently but surely not like this...)

Would have been great to have all three oscillators AND an additional LFO...
Also, even without drive, drift, symetry or anything, being far from 0 dbfs, it still sound a bit saturated sometimes, not like a mini does...

So here are my two cents, nice , huge sound, but wouldn't stop me from buying a model D reedition when I have enough money, and my banker will not be happy about it...

Please do the Mono option, it's quite important, of course I can simulate it by I am afraid it could lead to phase issues or other issues sometimes so i would love a simple mono instance of the plug-in

Anyway, great product, not so expensive, looking forward to Dune 2 in the near future
Springuy
Novice

Re: The Legend PROs and CONs

Postby FLFR3AK » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:35 pm

Hey I must say that I totally agree with you. The biggest con for me is lack of mono mode. Stereo only isn't something that I'm happy about... Editor behaviour also has some room for improvements IMO

Vill du spela idag så är dagens den bästa sidan i Sweden den där du kan spela på alla sidor
Last edited by FLFR3AK on Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Music to my ears..[https://playoldgames.org].[/url] esportspel
FLFR3AK
Novice

Postby Teksonik » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:43 pm

Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Kriminal » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:17 am

FLFR3AK wrote:Editor behaviour also has some room for improvements IMO

:?:
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby rentspel » Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:59 pm

Springuy wrote:PROs : The Legend sounds good, most presets have warmth and grease of the original MINIMOOG, and even if I bought it today I already made a few presets myself. I will certainly use it in my tracks.

CONs : well, the addition made to the original MINIMOOG are welcome, BUT they can get in the way of sounding (when tweaking parameters) like a real Mini :
1/ Stereo only? Really? nice sometimes but I would love to be able to have a mono instance of the plug, it's great for bass and I keep bass monos most of the time (anyway, on vinyl, you HAVE TO) Also sometimes even with nothing on, it has some strange stereo modulations/pans that are annoying (mono mode of course not unison or poly)
2/ ADSR is nice but please allow us to have a simpler env with ADS , switchable Release equal time with Decay like the original...(helps to recreate patches I am familiar with and if you are after being faithful to the original...)
3/ most annoying : editing behaviour : sometimes it doesn't behave at all like a minimoog when editing : example , I change the range of any oscillator, the sound changes completely sometimes even without drift and symetry, it's like I canged the filter settings as well...or the VCA, not normal (I had three different Minimoogs, behaving a bit differently but surely not like this...)

Would have been great to have all three oscillators AND an additional LFO...
Also, even without drive, drift, symetry or anything, being far from 0 dbfs, it still sound a bit saturated sometimes, not like a mini does...

So here are my two cents, nice , huge sound, but wouldn't stop me from buying a model D reedition when I have enough money, and my banker will not be happy about it...

Please do the Mono option, it's quite important, of course I can simulate it by I am afraid it could lead to phase issues or other issues sometimes so i would love a simple mono instance of the plug-in

Anyway, great product, not so expensive, looking forward to Dune 2 in the near future

Thank you so much for the Pro and Con list! Much appreciated!
rentspel
Novice

Return to Wishlist