Medium GUI

Post your feature requests for future versions of Orion, Hydra, Scorpion or Plucked String. (Please do not expect a reply from the developers)

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Medium GUI

Postby Urban Schmurban » Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:46 pm

I've loved Dune for a while after having the computer music version for a few years now, but I've finally succumbed and bought Dune 3 today. It sounds incredible.

There is only one thing I'd love as a future addition.

My eyesight isn't greatand I use a 70" screen, but the small GUI is a bit too small, and the next size up ( large ) can't be viewed without half the keyboard disappearing off the screen.

Would it be possible to give us "medium", or let us grab the corner of Dune to stretch it to a custom size ??

Thanks =)
Urban Schmurban
Novice

Re: Medium GUI

Postby Teksonik » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:16 pm

None of these sizes will work ?

D3 010220-1.png

What resolution is your TV running ? I'm not too sure how many people are trying to use VST plugins on a 70 inch TV.

I know Grab and Drag resizing has been requested in the past but the GUI engine just got an update so not too sure if that feature will ever be added but good luck I hope you find a solution. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:34 pm

Default is basically in the middle between Small and Large.

Huge = 1920 x 1296
Large = 1440 x 972
Default = 1200 x 810
Small = 960 x 648
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Postby Teksonik » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:35 pm

I'm trying to figure out what Resolution a 70" TV would have to be to cut the bottom off the Large Skin.

I'm running the Large skin at a monitor resolution of 1920x1080 and it fits perfectly.

My eyesight has always been poor and it's only getting worse as I age so I can sympathize....... :?
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Urban Schmurban » Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:31 am

my apologies.
I didnt try default as I assumed default and small were the same. Default is fine but anything else is too much to fit all of Dune on the screen. Thanks =)
Urban Schmurban
Novice

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:10 am

Teksonik wrote:I'm trying to figure out what Resolution a 70" TV would have to be to cut the bottom off the Large Skin.

I'm running the Large skin at a monitor resolution of 1920x1080 and it fits perfectly.

My eyesight has always been poor and it's only getting worse as I age so I can sympathize....... :?

It's most likely a FHD.

Large skin cuts at the bottom for me as well in Orion, except when I put Orion in full-screen mode - then it fits perfectly.
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Postby Teksonik » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:41 am

That's because Orion puts a large bar at the top for the patterns. Dune 3 Large fits fine in FL Studio even with the windows taskbar showing.

I always run my DAWs in full screen mode. Might as well take advantage of all the screen real estate.

Anyway it's good that the OP found a size that works for him. 8)
Teksonik
Godlike

Return to Wishlist