Wavetable change arrows directly from the oscillator

Post your feature requests for future versions of Orion, Hydra, Scorpion or Plucked String. (Please do not expect a reply from the developers)

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Wavetable change arrows directly from the oscillator

Postby themachinelt » Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:24 am

That would be super useful, especialy when there are multiple folders of wavetables its a real hassle to change them. Simple arrow back and forward would help a lot :)
themachinelt
Novice

Re: Wavetable change arrows directly from the oscillator

Postby Teksonik » Tue Oct 11, 2022 1:08 pm

Mouse wheel works to scroll through Wavetables. It will even scroll through sub-folders. 8)
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby PabloS » Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:00 pm

I second that! The mouse wheel doesn't help much, as it changes the wavetables way too fast it's just unusable for me.

Oddly enough, I asked if there was a trick or another way to cycle through the presets in the Tips and Tricks section. The good news is that the feature has been approved in the next update :D

Here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13453
PabloS
Novice

Postby Teksonik » Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:20 pm

Mousewheel works fine here (on Windows). Put the cursor on the WT display window and each "click" of the wheel scrolls a single WT. It even scrolls through sub-folders as I mentioned above.

The thing about "next/previous" arrows is that if you're looking for a table far down a large list you'll be hitting that button over and over or you'll still have to open the list and scroll.

That's why I brought up possibly adding a WT Browser in a future update to make navigating huge lists of WTs more efficient.

Arrows will help but I don't think it's a complete solution for those who have a lot of WTs.
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby PabloS » Fri Dec 01, 2023 2:45 am

Might not be a magic perfect solution for all cases of course, but I'm still very happy they want to add the arrows in the future update cause on Mac the mouse wheel is just unusable to scroll through the wavetables, it spins through them ultrafast. It's uncontrollable for us Mac users, so arrows will help :)
PabloS
Novice

Postby Teksonik » Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:37 pm

That sounds like a bug in the Mac version. Is DUNE 3 the only plugin where your mouse wheel does not work?

Yes arrows will help but what if you have 500 Wavetables in a folder? Are you going to hit the arrow button 500 times?

My point being that while arrows will help they're not going to do much for people with hundreds or thousands of WTs and want to access them easily.

I don't have nearly that many and I know how to organize files on my computer so a WT browser is not something I need. But others have made requests for better WT handling so it's probably something that should be addressed in the future.

Even if the WTs were set to display horizontally like presets do in the old system instead of vertically as they do now it would help.
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Elizabeth589 » Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:05 pm

Absolutely! It's great that they're considering adding arrows for easier navigation through the wavetables. Sometimes it's the little adjustments that can make a big difference in user experience. Navigating through those wavetables should be smooth and manageable for everyone, regardless of the device they're using. It's good to know they're taking steps to improve usability.
[url="https://instaups.org/"][COLOR="#FFFFFF"]instaup[/COLOR][/url]
Elizabeth589
Novice

Postby Richard » Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:47 pm

Teksonik wrote:That sounds like a bug in the Mac version. Is DUNE 3 the only plugin where your mouse wheel does not work?

The Apple magic mouse does not have a scroll wheel like PCs, it has a sensor. So it works more like scrolling on your smartphone. Thus, what works with a standard PC mouse does not necessarily work with a magic mouse, and the converse is also true. Now Mac users can connect a basic PC mouse with a regular scroll wheel, but assuming they always do that seems rather unrealistic. Hence the mousewheel implementation is slightly different on PC and Mac.
Richard
Synapse Audio

Postby Teksonik » Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:11 pm

Ahhh I see. I've never owned a Mac and for reasons like this never will. :P

Anyway, while arrows will help those who use a Windows mouse on a Mac it won't do much to help WT navigation for those who have hundreds or thousands of WTs. It's not really efficient to arrow (or mouse wheel) one WT at a time through a large list.

Looking for a particular folder or a WT inside that folder can cause the need for a lot of scrolling due to the WTs and folders displaying vertically.

As much as it pains me to say this since I have no need for a WT Browser but I think it might be something worth adding in a future update. :)
Teksonik
Godlike

Return to Wishlist