Fx insert/loop

Post your feature requests for future versions of Orion, Hydra, Scorpion or Plucked String. (Please do not expect a reply from the developers)

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Fx insert/loop

Postby StevenMikel » Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:14 am

An fx insert or loop on Obsession and Legend would be cool. Put it on the back and let us put it before or after the existing fx.
StevenMikel
Novice

Re: Fx insert/loop

Postby Teksonik » Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:27 pm

Can you name any synth plugin that has an "FX Loop"?
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Kriminal » Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:42 pm

I dont understand....what is it?
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby Mark » Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:46 pm

I think they mean a send and receive in/output. I don't know of anything that does this.
Mark

Postby StevenMikel » Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:47 pm

Teksonik wrote:Can you name any synth plugin that has an "FX Loop"?

Lol No. That doesn't mean a synth can't or shouldn't have one. There is a first time for everything.
StevenMikel
Novice

Postby Teksonik » Tue Aug 08, 2023 4:34 pm

Well as with any feature request there are always the logistical and technical issues that can come up.

In this case would the synth have to "host" the FX plugin? If the synth is hosting then issues of stability could come in to play if the FX plugin is a bit wonky etc. I can see additional support requests "XYZ FX crashes ABC Synth" and so on and of course the synth developer doesn't have access to the FX plugin's code.

How would the I/O routing work? How would you save a preset? Would this be a task better left to the DAW although you wouldn't be able to insert the FX into a specific place in the synth's architecture (such as Pre or Post filter etc.)?

I'm not opposed to the feature but it seems to me it could be hard (or impossible) and/or time consuming to implement. But I don't write code so only those who do would know what might be involved.

Of the dozens of synth plugins I own I can't think of a single one than has an FX loop and there is probably a good technical reason for that. :)
Teksonik
Godlike

Return to Wishlist