Legend: browser/genetic improvements, poly-lock, FXB import

Post your feature requests for future versions of Orion, Hydra, Scorpion or Plucked String. (Please do not expect a reply from the developers)

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Legend: browser/genetic improvements, poly-lock, FXB import

Postby Atom » Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:45 am

I've been using The Legend a lot more recently and forgot how great it sounds! :shock:

-I had overlooked the Genetics feature as I'd accidentally been using 1.3 VST2. Every synth should have this.
The auto mode is helpful, but I wish there was an option for it to use 3 sounds, or be able to manually load 1 or 2 sounds, lock them, and have auto keep our existing selection(s) and randomly select others.

-The polyphony parameter is one of the most important settings to get the desired result, yet it seems to be the only one that can't be locked! :?
Polyphony locking is also super useful if we want to browse through lead presets, and hear how they'd sound polyphonic, or hear how poly pads would sound in unison mode....

-It would also be nice to have more control over the auto-naming. i.e. a user definable prefix or suffix "Gen - " or "Pad -" etc when generating sounds in a certain category.
A mashup of the source preset names would be far better than generic names that bury the relevant info in a description which isn't searchable. The preset files already have a timestamp, so using that as the name doesn't tell the user anything useful.

-The genetics section could automatically categorize by the sources or characteristics (a polyphonic sound is "poly", a mono sound with the oscillators set to different pitches is a "chord", a unison sound is a "lead".) to prevent it from being an endless list of generic names.

-There should be a setting to disable the modal OK pop-up window every-time which gets in the way and is annoying when creating a number of sounds at a time.

-The browser should allow creating new categories and if those are just sub-directories, the browser could just auto-populate bank categories based on the folder structure.

-An "All" option in the soundbank section to list all presets would make it possible to do things like use the genetics feature on all sounds of a specific type, or combine from different banks.

-Supporting .FXB (bank preset) files would also be a big help. I tend to use Reaper built-in preset menu, but now there's no simple way to migrate them to the VST3 version. I can export them all as .FXB, but The Legend only imports individual .FXP, and Reaper only allows importing .vstpreset files into it's preset bar for VST3. Having to export them all individually as .FXP seems a lot more time consuming than it should be.

-The plugin is quite efficient for the quality of sound, but as there's never enough processing power, I wonder if a draft option like Diva or separate real-time/offline oversampling options could save a lot of CPU with multiple instances and other power hungry plugins in a project, without sacrificing the end result?

-Also I realize the simplicity of a Minimoog is part of appeal, as well as remaining faithful to the original, but that train already left the station with polyphony which is a huge improvement so hopefully v2 can add other additions like a basic mod-matrix, and a few more effects like a Juno or dual H910 type chorus.

Anyway, that's enough rambling for now. Time to make some music. :dudelsack:
Atom
Novice

Return to Wishlist