Simple drawing FX Automation into song editor

Post your feature requests for future versions of Orion, Hydra, Scorpion or Plucked String. (Please do not expect a reply from the developers)

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Postby Hanns » Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:12 pm

Please ... if it is possible, make the FX Automation drawable into the song editor ...

and markable / moveable ...

when patterns are moved, the FX automation data must be moved too

this would be fantastic :D

greetz
Hanns
Hanns
Novice

Postby Dungeon Studio » Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:37 pm

It's already pretty simple Hanns, using the Event Editor. IE; The timeline follows that in song, so all you have to do is click 84 in the timeline and you're immediately cued to where you want to edit. Then simply use the snap line or pencil. If you go and stick in another pattern block to extend, simply right click the volume fader you automated previously, and use the <--> arrows to slide the fade ramp or whatever back 4 or whatever the length of your inserted Pattern is.

My biggest quam is that there's no 'Divide' for events. To have something that fades out and fades back in later. If one goes and sticks a pattern inbetween, the fade in portion has to be redrawn further on down then. Would be nice to have 'Divide' and split the events at measure 52 per say - and drag the later portion with the fade in down 4 or 8 measures. And just use the erase button to fill in the gap from the last portion.
Dungeon Studio
Godlike

Postby Kriminal » Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:28 pm

Hanns wrote:Please ... if it is possible, make the FX Automation drawable into the song editor ...

you can

Hanns wrote:
when patterns are moved, the FX automation data must be moved too

you can

RTFM
Last edited by Kriminal on Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby bones » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:51 am

Yes, both things are currently possible. To move events with patterns in the Playlist, you need to check the box in the config dialog.
Dell G7 (Hexa-Core i7)|Cubase Pro 10||Analog Keys|Ultranova|MicroMonsta|Uno|Skulpt|Craft Synth 2.0|
novakill.com
bones
Immortal

Postby Dungeon Studio » Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:38 pm

Wow! I wasn't even aware of that Bones. I thought it still had to be done manually with the <--> arrows still. So a pattern block that say peaks in volume in the middle and down again at the end. If this settings on, I could drag this block to the intro and the fader moves follow? And if I don't like it at the beggining, and want to try it at the end, follows just as well there?

Wow! To hell with 'divide' then! :D
Dungeon Studio
Godlike

Postby Hanns » Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:39 pm

Ok. I´ll use your tips :D thx !
Hanns
Novice

Postby bones » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:18 pm

There are two check-boxes, one for "module events" which covers song events for instruments [but not effects] and the other for Mixer events. They've been there since about v2.something and once you set 'em, you never have to think about it again. I reckon the default should be to have them both on.
Dell G7 (Hexa-Core i7)|Cubase Pro 10||Analog Keys|Ultranova|MicroMonsta|Uno|Skulpt|Craft Synth 2.0|
novakill.com
bones
Immortal

Postby Dungeon Studio » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:08 am

Probably never noticed and/or checked them. Just been in there with the ol' snap line like I was sculpting The Thinker all this time. Oh, for the pain I have suffered! :lol:

Definately will make sure they're checked from now on! :)
Dungeon Studio
Godlike

Return to Wishlist