Song Merge/Import request (illustrated)

Post your feature requests for future versions of Orion, Hydra, Scorpion or Plucked String. (Please do not expect a reply from the developers)

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Postby suneel » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:41 pm

so can we have an estimate when this would happen?
suneel
Guru

Postby Richard » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:41 pm

Orion 8. ;)
Richard
Synapse Audio

Postby Dungeon Studio » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:50 pm

Richard wrote:
That's exactly what you can do with templates, add your fully EQ'd, mixed, effected and ready-to-play x16 out Sampler into your project. All it takes is a mouseclick to summon up the Insert menu and then another mouseclick to select the template you desire ;)

That's cool Rich. So as opposed to just a generator - one could get DR, Sampler, and all right there ready to go. And just by a simple button up top.... I's likes your thinkin' Rich! :D

AWESOME! :cool:

Ooops - would this template set up also include patterns as well for any or all generators?
Last edited by Dungeon Studio on Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dungeon Studio
Godlike

Postby Marcin » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:26 pm

Dear Richard ...

When version 8 is expected (just around)? :D
Marcin
Synapse Audio

Postby Dungeon Studio » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:29 pm

Oh shit, here it comes... No rest for the Richard now. :rolleyes:

:superlol:
Dungeon Studio
Godlike

Postby epilogue » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:32 pm

Richard wrote:Hence the need for both song merge and template functions. Song merge would be the function you use once a month on average, while templates is something you might use every other hour. ;)

Or the other way around, at least for me :)
Phreque.com - Weapons-Grade Awesome.
epilogue
Elite Producer

Postby Dungeon Studio » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:36 pm

Epi, no-no-no-no, Epi! You a breaka my heart! :(

;)
Dungeon Studio
Godlike

Postby bones » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:17 pm

epilogue wrote:
Richard wrote:Hence the need for both song merge and template functions. Song merge would be the function you use once a month on average, while templates is something you might use every other hour. ;)

Or the other way around, at least for me :)

I cannot imagine ever using a template at all but, by the same token, I'm not going to use merge all that often either, which is possibly why I don't see much value in having two overlapping features when the more expansive one can do both.
I must say I am surprised to learn that anyone actually uses a 16-out Sampler, I thought it was the most useless addition ever and the only time I have used it was to see how many mixer strips I could fit across my screen. [For the record, the answer is 24 on my work laptop and 18 on my monitor at home.] DrumRack makes so much more sense for drums.
Dell G7 (Hexa-Core i7)|Cubase Pro 10||Analog Keys|Ultranova|MicroMonsta|Uno|Skulpt|Craft Synth 2.0|
novakill.com
bones
Immortal

Postby Dungeon Studio » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:21 am

I think if Rich can put in the SF2 Exclusive Class, the x16 sampler may become my prime drum unit then. Without the ability to choke anything currently, I agree x16 is a bit much. DR's pretty good right now. But as we were saying about One Shots and unique sample bits, I think that's where the x16 sampler could really come in handy. Especially if a 'cut track' or 'choke' could be assigned to them.

But by and large, for the big rock projects I've been involved with in old 24 track studios - the majority of those tracks are used for the drums. The engineer miked everything. And when I wanted a bit of distortion on the snare, he ran a feed to a Marshall amp in a chamber and mic'd that too! Leaving the band with like 10 tracks after to work with - and none to happy with the engineer and me. ;)
Dungeon Studio
Godlike

Postby DaZoid » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:30 am

Richard wrote:That's exactly what you can do with templates, add your fully EQ'd, mixed, effected and ready-to-play x16 out Sampler into your project. All it takes is a mouseclick to summon up the Insert menu and then another mouseclick to select the template you desire ;)

Does this template thing work on normal generators too? I didn't read the entire thread but

INSERTING a fully 'presetted', fully EQed, 'effected' instrument from one project to the other would be so cool.

I just have to move 3 generatorsf rom an older to a newer project. And it's super annoying to recreate all the generators with their mixer EQ sets, the effects (also in the master bus) etc. etc.

And this is something I have to do quite a lot.
Last edited by DaZoid on Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
DaZoid
Guru

Postby Richard » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:56 am

Yes this is something you can do :)
Richard
Synapse Audio

Postby bones » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:43 am

DaZoid wrote:INSERTING a fully 'presetted', fully EQed, 'effected' instrument from one project to the other would be so cool.
I just have to move 3 generatorsf rom an older to a newer project. And it's super annoying to recreate all the generators with their mixer EQ sets, the effects (also in the master bus) etc. etc.
And this is something I have to do quite a lot.

Just out of interest, how often do EQ settings from one song actually work in an entirely new context? I would have thought almost never.
Dell G7 (Hexa-Core i7)|Cubase Pro 10||Analog Keys|Ultranova|MicroMonsta|Uno|Skulpt|Craft Synth 2.0|
novakill.com
bones
Immortal

Postby Kriminal » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:53 am

mine all sound the same, so the answer is everytime :)
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby Richard » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:59 am

haha :biglol:
Richard
Synapse Audio

Postby DaZoid » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:21 am

bones wrote:Just out of interest, how often do EQ settings from one song actually work in an entirely new context? I would have thought almost never.

Pretty often. Because it's the way I work. I work with steps. Song_step1, Song_step2, Song_step3, ... Sometime it happens that I go back to an older version of a song and have to find out that it is better from an overall sound perspective. Working too long on a track does not always help, as you know. The latest verion got some additional sounds as it grew in the meantime. Then I want to get back to the better overall sound but want to keep the new generators and sounds which I created. This new feature just supports this perfectly.
Last edited by DaZoid on Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
DaZoid
Guru

Previous

Return to Wishlist