setting how many mixer channels as default

Post your feature requests for future versions of Orion, Hydra, Scorpion or Plucked String. (Please do not expect a reply from the developers)

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Postby heks » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:23 am

I have a few multi channel vsts, they open and cover the mixer in channels. It would be nice to be able to set a default amount of channels, say 4, 5 or 6 in preferences. This would be a starting point so you could over ride it in confg + or - as needed. Just to make things quicker and not have to set them up every time.
heks
Apprentice

Postby banda NOVA » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:41 am

call that multi channel vst, go to options (cogwheel sign), choose "Generator Settings", Channels visible in Mixer - is the solution of your problem (All - default) -1,2....All. As for default amount of chanls - man, you asking to much///
banda NOVA
Regular

Postby Icaro » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:46 am

banda NOVA wrote:call that multi channel vst, go to options (cogwheel sign), choose "Generator Settings", Channels visible in Mixer - is the solution of your problem (All - default) -1,2....All. As for default amount of chanls - man, you asking to much///

I think he wants the option to NOT have to do that everytime, by setting a default.
Icaro
Professional

Postby heks » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:53 am

Yes its a pain having to set it every time.
heks
Apprentice

Postby banda NOVA » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:52 am

As for default amount of chanls - man, you asking to much///
banda NOVA
Regular

Postby bones » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:36 pm

The simple solution is not to buy multi-timbral VSTi and/or encourage the plugin vendor to make it work better from his side.
Dell G7 (Hexa-Core i7)|Cubase Pro 10||Analog Keys|Ultranova|MicroMonsta|Uno|Skulpt|Craft Synth 2.0|
novakill.com
bones
Immortal

Postby heks » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:39 pm

Your probably right bones. But I'v got them so I just thought a setting in preferences would help work flow.
heks
Apprentice

Postby Richard » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:18 pm

There's a better solution, Templates, it has been discussed here recently in at least 4 different threads. The information is a bit cluttered, but the most important thing is, it'll come in V8. ;)
Richard
Synapse Audio

Postby grymmjack » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:47 pm

Richard wrote:There's a better solution, Templates, it has been discussed here recently in at least 4 different threads. The information is a bit cluttered, but the most important thing is, it'll come in V8. ;)

great news :)
Soundgasm | DesignerMonkey | Soundcloud | spotify:user:grymmjack
grymmjack
Apprentice

Postby heks » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:25 pm

Sounds good :)
heks
Apprentice

Postby Dungeon Studio » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:27 pm

Templates are really sounding awesome to me now too. It's such a bummer to have an idea for guitar or piano ideas in a 'rock' or 'techno' genre, and pulling up DR presets to get motivated just sound so flat and lifeless. I loose the inspiration just trying to get the drums and bass to sound halfways medicore to my ideas.

Now I'll have 100 templates, and 2 songs that come out of them. ;)
Dungeon Studio
Godlike

Postby DaZoid » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:03 pm

bones wrote:The simple solution is not to buy multi-timbral VSTi and/or encourage the plugin vendor to make it work better from his side.

What solution is that? No, limit yourself because of a tiny bit of work for settings the stupid challes to 1, 2, 3,... and don't get some kick ass generators which are out there?

by the way... what is this stupid smiley doing? jerking off? :smile5:
Last edited by DaZoid on Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DaZoid
Guru

Postby Dungeon Studio » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:18 pm

I think he's supposed to be pounding the table laughing so hard. ;)

I agree with Bones that Multi-timbral is a bit of overkill in Orion, with all the plugin's one can load and use. But with this 'template' thing, I could see them coming back in vogue, be it a x16 sampler with GM .MID files of beats and riffs to inspire, or some big thing like this Kore with a 'Hollywood Arrangement' all laid out and effected and one can do the Danny Elfman right there in front of the producer.
So I don't think the plug in vendor should adopt/adapt any type of onboard mixer/eq/effects if Orion and these other hosts can work off these templates now.
Dungeon Studio
Godlike

Postby Richard » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:56 pm

Multi-Timbral and Multi-Out is not the same thing at all, Multi-Out is great in Orion, even more so with templates.

But Multi-timbrality is a relict of the hardware past, it shouldn't be in software. A fast workflow is impossible since instruments using it always require to set up the routing and the UI is usually tabbed in some form, which is never a good thing. You basically have a host in a host, which sucks, as it's just extra work!
Richard
Synapse Audio

Return to Wishlist