Turn off dx plugin support

Post your feature requests for future versions of Orion, Hydra, Scorpion or Plucked String. (Please do not expect a reply from the developers)

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Postby Dungeon Studio » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:04 pm

Kriminal wrote:you cant automate DX stuff anyway can you?

I don't think I ever even tried? Usually just for static effects and things I've used for. Good question. Not a biggie for me if not. ;)
Dungeon Studio
Godlike

Postby Richard » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:30 pm

No you can't, it's not supported by the standard itself. It's a consumer standard by Microsoft, wasn't intended for pro audio stuff I think.

DXi has comprehensive automation features, but it's so complex that nobody supports it, & it's rather dead now anyways. You can automate DXi via MIDI CC though, that should work.
Richard
Synapse Audio

Postby opi » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:26 pm

I still use Dimension DXi version.Threads like this remind me that I really should do that upgrade to Dimension Pro already.Even Cakewalk supplied vst versions when they added Dimension Le and Dropzone to the Sonar/P5 updates.
opi
Regular

Postby Shadx » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:13 pm

How about dropping it to the bottom of the menu? I can't remember the last time I've used 'em, but still be nice if it was there.
Like Muse said, if you right click on a send, the DX menu can get in the way (though all you need to do is scroll past it quickly), at least if you have too much DX stuff (plus even some media players like Powerdvd will have DX stuff showing up in the menu)
And like Dungeon said, the AnalogX stuff can be handy.

It'd be nice if the order was native fx first, then vst, then dx.
It kind of makes sense anyway, like in the Insert menu; it goes from Native, to 3rd party, to Native.
Shadx
Apprentice

Postby ufo » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:50 pm

whilst on the subject - any chance the OP Vocoder could be transformed to a vst????
This is the only one I ever reach for in the DX stuff these days.

cheers
---=u f o=--- /Radiation Mutant / Snee-Nee-Iq
ufo
Elite Producer

Postby Kriminal » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:53 pm

try the TAL one, its much better

http://kunz.corrupt.ch/?Products:VST_TAL-Vocoder
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby ufo » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:04 pm

I love his Flanger, so I will be off to check that out (as I have not yet seen it)

Thanks D

me
---=u f o=--- /Radiation Mutant / Snee-Nee-Iq
ufo
Elite Producer

Postby Dexx » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:52 pm

I have the same problem, many dx-plugins, and MANY vst-synths, my dx-list ends with P, cant see any dx-effects after p :(

i need the most dx-plugs for producing /endmastering.

I wish a a kind of favorites window who i can open any dx or vst-effects and its important that i can save that list. 10 dx and 10 vst-plugins in favs are enough, i lost the plugin overview in orion.
Last edited by Dexx on Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dexx
Novice

Postby Muse » Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:19 am

Shadx wrote:How about dropping it to the bottom of the menu? I can't remember the last time I've used 'em, but still be nice if it was there.
Like Muse said, if you right click on a send, the DX menu can get in the way (though all you need to do is scroll past it quickly), at least if you have too much DX stuff (plus even some media players like Powerdvd will have DX stuff showing up in the menu)
And like Dungeon said, the AnalogX stuff can be handy.

It'd be nice if the order was native fx first, then vst, then dx.
It kind of makes sense anyway, like in the Insert menu; it goes from Native, to 3rd party, to Native.

Yep DX should at least be at the bottom of the pile so the menu doesn't block the native Orion fx (which it does every time). However given that it's useless to me and seemingly even Rich can see that it's a dead standard why not at least give users an option for Orion not to scan for dx plugins at all? I'm sure that would make some small contribution to stability too.
Muse
Regular

Postby illimex » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:38 pm

Turning of DX support would kill my ability to load the Waves series that I go to. I guess I could use a wrapper, but doesnt that suck up a little extra CPU? Besides this though, the Waves Shell IS dodgy as all beat and with the SL4000 series or whatever it is it has caused me a lot of problems when trying to load.
Last edited by illimex on Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yes my siggy has my addy. http://www.soundcloud.com/illi ...see what I do with Orion?
illimex
Regular

Postby voidloss » Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:47 pm

Yeah the waves vst shell doesn`t work in Orion
So you have to use DX
voidloss
Regular

Postby illimex » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:18 am

Well, since some people don't want or use DX plugins, and some do, I'd say making an option in the preferences panel on whether or not to scan for DX plugins would be an addition to appease both parties. Only issue I can see is when you start getting new users clogging up the forums with "my DX plugins aren't being found" if it were set to OFF by default, or vice versa the other way. You'd have to make it obvious from the get on how to shut the DX option on or off so that some dingbats wouldn't abandon Orion because they couldnt get their Cakewalk plugins to work in it or something because they didn't bother to read the manual or something....Im saying it would have to be obvious, and easy.
Last edited by illimex on Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yes my siggy has my addy. http://www.soundcloud.com/illi ...see what I do with Orion?
illimex
Regular

Postby Muse » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:17 am

illimex wrote:Well, since some people don't want or use DX plugins, and some do, I'd say making an option in the preferences panel on whether or not to scan for DX plugins would be an addition to appease both parties.

That's all I was suggesting.
Muse
Regular

Re: Turn off dx plugin support

Postby marcora » Thu May 19, 2011 9:38 am

It would be nice to be able to choose whether to scan for DX plugins or not.
marcora
Novice

Re: Turn off dx plugin support

Postby Muse » Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:32 pm

marcora wrote:It would be nice to be able to choose whether to scan for DX plugins or not.

3 years later - still needed - I have this huge list of dx pluigins I never even chose to install - some installers don't seem to give an option (eg Tassman), others seem to be utility plugins and nothing to do with music (I have a load of Roxio ones that seem to have come with my DVD drive)

I would like to be able to just get rid of the lot
Muse
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Wishlist