V8 multiple song playlists?

Post your feature requests for future versions of Orion, Hydra, Scorpion or Plucked String. (Please do not expect a reply from the developers)

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Postby suneel » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:09 pm

steam engine works too
suneel
Guru

Postby Kriminal » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:23 pm

im happy for you
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby Icaro » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:25 pm

whiskey works too
Icaro
Professional

Postby Kriminal » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:26 pm

suneel wrote:what do you think about the idea of multiple song playlists for v8?

- why because i can try difference arrangements without messing with the automation or the pattern seq. like when i make a song, after a while i feel i want this particular set of blocks should to go earlier and move some other blocks here and there. but i avoid as far as possible do this because i am afraid it will mess up the automation. the option select drag mixer/master channel on/off can be set, but is prone to errors. sometimes you want the same automation on the target bars after a move, but it messes up the whole setting, before and after that region. i am sure you must have experienced this. this sets a caution when moving blocks here and there when your mix is taken shape.

- also i can compare one arrangement to another and improve upon it without any limitations. this would give sort of another angle at your song.

comments?

in answer to yor question, no i have not experienced errors moving around blocks using drag automation, works fine here, always has done
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby suneel » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:58 pm

Kriminal wrote:im happy for you
thanks.....you know even a stop watch works perfectly. so there is no need at all for any time view in the main tool bar :) you can just start/stop your stopwatch and you get perfect time, by your logic ;)....so i am also very happy for you
Last edited by suneel on Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
suneel
Guru

Postby suneel » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:03 pm

Kriminal wrote:in answer to yor question, no i have not experienced errors moving around blocks using drag automation, works fine here, always has done
which basically means you dont really use automations
suneel
Guru

Postby Dungeon Studio » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:20 am

Was Rich ever going to look into having two or more OP's opened at once? That would be the solution right there. And to Copy/Paste between the two. I was amazed though that copy/paste for patterns at least does work for different loaded songs in OP 7.6. So if OP can do that, why not just be able to have another instance of OP opened and loaded with song B per say and toggle between the two?

What would be the hold up to get OP to do that? :confused:
Dungeon Studio
Godlike

Postby bones » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:34 am

suneel wrote:but it doesnt solve the problem. i want to play arrangement A and also compare it with arrangement B. i cant be opening 3 save files going back and forth, its not efficient!

how is it any different? In fact, I'd suggest it's less convenient, because you can open multiple instances of Orion and quickly move from one to another or have two playing together.
but as i said i want to compare 2 arrangements or 3 arrangements in a fast, productive and efficient way. multiple song playlist is the way to go.

It's stupid. The most time-consuming part of comparing two arrangements is taking the time to listen to them, everything else is secondary and irrelevant, surely?
i want to listen to 2 or more arrangements in the same sfs.

Sure, and I want to be the next president of the Untied States. So what?
Icaro wrote:I've had a couple songs that we did a few different mixes of. However, those also usually include some changes to the sounds involved, so I'm not convinced this idea would be too useful for me.

Exactly, it's just too narrowly construed, achieves very little and offers nothing at all over saving multiple versions.
suneel wrote:
Kriminal wrote:save alternative arrangements then
sure if you like to wait for 15 seconds to load another sfs

Even our songs with four full-length vocal tracks don;t take that long to load. A song with no audio tracks takes no time at all. Anyway, as I said, it's trivial to open multiple instances of Orion and switch between them.
Kriminal wrote:in answer to yor question, no i have not experienced errors moving around blocks using drag automation, works fine here, always has done

It's never worked on effects though, has it? I don;t use much automation, so I can't remember.
Dell G7 (Hexa-Core i7)|Cubase Pro 10||Analog Keys|Ultranova|MicroMonsta|Uno|Skulpt|Craft Synth 2.0|
novakill.com
bones
Immortal

Postby Kriminal » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:47 pm

suneel wrote:

why is that? because it works fine here? great logic!
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby suneel » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:04 pm

bones wrote:how is it any different? In fact, I'd suggest it's less convenient, because you can open multiple instances of Orion and quickly move from one to another or have two playing together.
when you open >1 orions under ASIO both freeze

bones wrote:
but as i said i want to compare 2 arrangements or 3 arrangements in a fast, productive and efficient way. multiple song playlist is the way to go.

It's stupid. The most time-consuming part of comparing two arrangements is taking the time to listen to them, everything else is secondary and irrelevant, surely?
so you consider comparing 2 arrangements time consuming and stupid? wow your brilliant! REALLY

bones wrote:
i want to listen to 2 or more arrangements in the same sfs.

Sure, and I want to be the next president of the Untied States. So what?
then i reopen Guantanamo bay and i pack your ass off.

bones wrote:Exactly, it's just too narrowly construed, achieves very little and offers nothing at all over saving multiple versions
and thats how i feel about your skins :)

bones wrote:
suneel wrote:
Kriminal wrote:save alternative arrangements then
sure if you like to wait for 15 seconds to load another sfs

Even our songs with four full-length vocal tracks don;t take that long to load. A song with no audio tracks takes no time at all. Anyway, as I said, it's trivial to open multiple instances of Orion and switch between them.
probably loading an sfs only with <10 wasp is faster compared to mine.

bones wrote:

It's never worked on effects though, has it? I don;t use much automation, so I can't remember.
yeah and yet you dont use automations and happily you stick your dick into the topic. which mean you really dont think before you post.
Last edited by suneel on Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
suneel
Guru

Postby suneel » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:05 pm

Kriminal wrote:
suneel wrote:

why is that? because it works fine here? great logic!
because it does not work here.
suneel
Guru

Postby Kriminal » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:29 pm

works here
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby suneel » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:45 pm