Temp Tap/Tap Tempo

Post your feature requests for future versions of Orion, Hydra, Scorpion or Plucked String. (Please do not expect a reply from the developers)

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Temp Tap/Tap Tempo

Postby joe-joe » Tue May 18, 2010 3:23 pm

It would be nice if we had some ability to set the tempo via a tapping mechanisim. On my Korg Triton if I hit the enter key a number of times the tempo will adjust to my tapping. Can this be done in a future revision of Orion?
-Orion-Emu 1616 -Korg Triton Extreme - Ibanez - Vox Tone Labs.
joe-joe
Regular

Temp Tap/Tap Tempo

Postby Dungeon Studio » Sat May 22, 2010 3:27 am

I think it's already on OP Joe-Joe? I believe Jouni stuck it in on 7.62 with F12 'velocity' features and such - or I could be wrong? I'm still on 7.61 here, but check the Metronome features on 7.62. I could've sworn it's been implemented already... Or saw Rich mention it for OP8 somewhere.
Dungeon Studio
Godlike

Temp Tap/Tap Tempo

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Sat May 22, 2010 5:02 pm

Nope, don't see any tap-tap option to set tempo in Metronome settings, and F12 key is to turn on/off the virtual MIDI keyboard.

As far as I can see, there's no such thing in Orion... yet. Can't say there won't be.
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Temp Tap/Tap Tempo

Postby Dungeon Studio » Sat May 22, 2010 11:22 pm

My bad.:shame: I might've been thinking of XG Works then, as I know it's got one on it's metronome.

Just to point out Joe-Joe, they're not the most accurate I find. I have a RED (hardware) Micro-Sync, XG Works, and SP-808 or something with Tap. Force of habit, I look at the screen when I'm tapping, and see it display 79BPM, 158BPM, 136BPM, and finally 127BPM on my last tap. But know my tapping got messed up watching the numbers change so erratically. So would be nice for Rich or other Tap Tempo dev's to make the display only on the forth beat. (maybe some already do?)
Dungeon Studio
Godlike

Return to Wishlist