D U N E user waveforms

Post your feature requests for future versions of Orion, Hydra, Scorpion or Plucked String. (Please do not expect a reply from the developers)

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Re: D U N E user waveforms

Postby Teksonik » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:35 pm

Thanks for the compliment on the WS patches! Yes I've done some choir type patches for WS. Modesty prevents me from saying how awesome they really are....... :lol: I also did some M-1/ D-50 stuff........I'm a sucker for sounds from that era.....

But seriously one of the things I love about WS is the ability to load up a series of samples in the Wavesequencer Osc's and then cycle through them.

Anyway probably not the direction DUNE should go however I can't help but lust after some multi-sample content for the Osc's run through DUNE's excellent filters and effects........... :drool:
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Mark » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:36 am

I spent a little bit of time making a choir-like sound in DUNE today. Sorry, didn't have time to do anything for the sampler or Wavefusion, but I don't think either would sound like this. Whether it sounds like a choir or not I'll leave to others to decide :lol: but it is a nice sound either way :D

http://soundcloud.com/markholt/dune-choir-mh
Mark

Postby Kriminal » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:48 am

basic synth choir
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby Teksonik » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:36 am

Mark wrote:I spent a little bit of time making a choir-like sound in DUNE today. Sorry, didn't have time to do anything for the sampler or Wavefusion, but I don't think either would sound like this. Whether it sounds like a choir or not I'll leave to others to decide :lol: but it is a nice sound either way :D

Very nice patch indeed...........doesn't eliminate my desire for .sfz support but it is a nice synthetic choir sound...... :)
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Teksonik » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:36 am

Kriminal wrote:basic synth choir

Another nice synthetic choir.............. :)
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Mark » Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:40 pm

Kriminal wrote:basic synth choir

Nice 8)
Mark

Postby jammie1 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:48 pm

SFZ ARE MULTISAMPLE FILES THAT ARE 1 LAYERS

SF2 ARE BANK FILES CONTAINING MANY SAMPLES AND MANY INSTRUMENT FILES USING THOSE SAMPLES

WHEN YOU MAKE A SFZ FROM A SF2 FILE THAT HAS 100 INSTRUMENTS

YOU WILL GET 100 SFZ FILES OF THE INSTRUMENTS IN THERE MULTISAMPLE FORMAT

SO SFZ FILES CAN NOT BE AS BIG AS SF2 FILES ALSO WITH SFZ FILES IF THEY ARE STEREO THEY BECOME 2 SFZ FILES FOR LEFT AND RIGHT

I USE SFZ WITH WUSIKSTATION BUT IF YOU WANT MULTI VELOCITY SOUNDS THE SOUNDS HAVE TO BE CONVERTED TO WUSIKSND AS if you do it in sfz format you would get single sfz files for the velocity layers

SFZ IS JUST A CONTAINER FOR WAVE FILES AS IS SF2

YES YOU CAN MAKE SINGLE SF2 FILES

NOW I WOULD LIKE TO SEE USER WAVETABLES LIKE THE WAVEFUSION SO YOU COULD LOAD THE TEXT FILES IN DUNE FOR THE 256 SINGLE CYCLE SOUNDS

THAT WOULD EXPAND THE PALLETE A LOT

AND LOADING SINGLE CYCLE WAVES WOULD BE GOOD FOR THE OSC ASWELL
jammie1
Novice

Postby heks » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:47 pm

got a problem with your caps lock?
heks
Apprentice

Postby jammie1 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:54 pm

no just did not realise it was on after i wrote all of it i could not be arsed to change it sorry
jammie1
Novice

Postby Teksonik » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:19 am

From the Cakewalk Dev Xchange............

Some of the features of the sfz format are:

Samples of any bit depth (8/16/24/32-bit) support, mono or stereo
Samples taken at any samplerate (i.e. 44.1k, 48k, 88.2k, 96k, 176.4k, 192k, 384k)
Compressed samples. Compressed and uncompressed can be combined
Looped samples
Unlimited keyboard splits and layers
Unlimited velocity splits and layers
Unlimited regions of sample playback based on MIDI controllers (continuous controllers, pitch bend, channel and polyphonic aftertouch, keyboard switches) and internal generators (random, sequence counters)
Sample playback on MIDI control events
Unlimited unidirectional and bidirectional exclusive regions (mute groups)
Unlimited release trigger regions with release trigger attenuation control
Unlimited crossfade controls
Trigger on first-note and legato notes
Sample playback synchronized to host tempo
Dedicated Envelope Generators for pitch, filter and amplifier
Dedicated LFO for pitch, filter and amplifier

jammie1 wrote:SO SFZ FILES CAN NOT BE AS BIG AS SF2 FILES

Of course they can. Depends on the size of the samples used.......For a taste of single cycle wav import look no further than Toxic 3 in Orion. Yes they would be a nice addition to Dune but there's only so much information a single cycle can hold.....a lot of them sound very much alike.....
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Teksonik » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:29 am

jammie1 wrote:NOW I WOULD LIKE TO SEE USER WAVETABLES LIKE THE WAVEFUSION SO YOU COULD LOAD THE TEXT FILES IN DUNE FOR THE 256 SINGLE CYCLE SOUNDS

From the manual............

"If you supply your own WAV files, make sure that they are in uncompressed, 16-bit mono format and contain exactly 256 samples."
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby jammie1 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:54 am

you can use full audio tables that are made up of 256 samples each x256

w1 = whatever the wave is called,-1

this works with the full audio table

and morphs as if i have put in seperate 256 sample and let wavefusion do the interpolation

all my wavetables use 256 samples as i find if you start to use smaller than this that the synths that your recording
there aliasing filters come into play and filter out the higher frequencies

i have been making transwaves for 20 years +

and have been useing 8bit 256 waves for my prophet vs my mirage and my waldorf wave and uwave

the program i use for creating sfz files for my synths is sample robot and it always splits the files

also wusikstation only allows single layer sfz files dont know why but if you want to use a stereo file you have to use 2 layers in wusik with the left and right sfz file

becuase mine are full audio tables no interpolation is needed in real time

but i do use spectra interpolation of the 256 samples to create wavetables the same way the waldorfs do as i based it on that system as it works
jammie1
Novice

Postby Teksonik » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:47 am

I sold my Mirage about 20 years ago and really most Soundfonts sound better today so no great loss.. I did have a couple of special OS discs that allowed some added functionality but again light years behind what can be done today.

Anyway how about sharing some of your wavetables for Wavefusion?
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby jammie1 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:32 pm

here are 27 wavetables made from sq80 hardware synth from patches these are great patches to resynthesis becuase there are no effects

if you want any wavetables created from any sound you like as long as there is no fx muddies the sound and makes it hard to
get a good spectra data as fx smeer the spectra data

they need to be sampled in f3-24 cents so that they make it easier for me to anylise

and need to be 1-3 seconds in length spoken words or robotic voices are fine

but i do have a atari speech synth that can do this as i used it for the uwave

theres a lot of vocal types as i like choirs and vox

im going to do a set of vox samples for the ultran as i have made many from my and my childrens voices

and i did a set of 500 samples for john bowen solaris synth for this years namm show

im just waiting on info for the blend and hold features of the ultran so that i can start doing the text files

all i ask is that if you use these in your productions that i get a mention jml utternutter productions
as

https://rapidshare.com/files/2945581685 ... etables.7z

this is the link
jammie1
Novice

Postby Teksonik » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:41 pm

Thanks for these wavetables. Time is short this morning but I will definitely give them a go when I get home tonight.

You still have your Atari? I sold both of mine just a few years ago. Served me well for a long time.

It would be great to see some love for Ultran. It was quite a unique synth when it was released. I always thought it would make a good vsti with a nice selection of Soundfonts.........

I did some work with Ultran some years ago but to be honest I'm not sure if I remember much about the format.....

Here's a few patches I did in 2002. I don't even remember what's in the pack.

http://www.orion-reloaded.com/archive.php?id=829

Orion Reloaded is a great resource in case you haven't heard about it........
Teksonik
Godlike

PreviousNext

Return to Wishlist