D U N E user waveforms

Post your feature requests for future versions of Orion, Hydra, Scorpion or Plucked String. (Please do not expect a reply from the developers)

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Re: D U N E user waveforms

Postby heks » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:49 pm

jammie1 wrote:no just did not realise it was on after i wrote all of it i could not be arsed to change it sorry

No problem :) and thanks for sharing your wavetables
heks
Apprentice

Postby jammie1 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:10 pm

my atari is the master midi clock as its rock solid all drums on my samplers are run from the atari

i have 2 scope comps which are used for mixing and as sound modules

my vsti pc is just used as that and is slaved to the atari midi clock all vsti control is done in cubase to keep the midi data from the midi lines

i have an old mac with soundtools dsp card and sound designer 2 for sampler use

all audio is done via adat pipes from the 3 pc and all analog and external synths and samplers are run through my 2 mackie

mixing desk 1 32/8 and a rack 32/4/2 that goes into the other mackie then they 8 busses go into my o2r mixer

and every thing is all light piped to the comps

all mixing is done on the scope dsp cards

its a great system of olfd and new and the atari is the rock solid midi clock source and all audio is adat clock source so everything is in nice sync
jammie1
Novice

Postby Teksonik » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:57 pm

Wow old school......very nice..... :)

Hey those are some great Wavetables. Getting some wonderful PPGish stuff from them. Thanks again! Looking forward to your work with Ultran......
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby jammie1 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:24 am

well after lots of messing around trying to get the program to work

i managed to do some multilayer sounds for ultran

i have over 20000 sf2 files from d50 patches that are 2 layer so im going to start messing with them

try the vocal wavetables they are great for choir patches

those tables are just the iceberg i have thousands of the things

i have the full ppg library remade

the fizmo
the vfx-sd1
sq1
loads from my waldorf wave and uwave
and loads of user waves like the resynthised sq80 ones that you have tried

the ni massive tables

and many math and fm types

i have been making them for years so have collected quite a few

and i prefer full audio wavetables as no interpolation which takes up lots of cpu

im using a demo copy of orion never used it before so tried it
its a very good and sounds great once i have the hang of doing these files for ultran i will

see if i can get them released with the next release

just perfecting at the moment
jammie1
Novice

Postby Teksonik » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:42 am

Sounds great, looking forward to your Ultran works especially the D50 patches. I've been a Wusikstation owner since version 1, have you done any sample content for it? I'd love to see some more VFX and D-50 waves for WS. I had a lot of fun with the D-50 and VFX snd files in the Famous Keys sets....Here's a link to the patches I did........ :)

http://www.kvraudio.com/banks.php?s=list&what=1102&format=&order=date
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby jammie1 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:38 pm

yes i have owned wusik from the biggining on v6 now

yes i will be doing a sfz set from my sd1 when i get five minutes do you want the files as the seperate osc or as samples

same for the d50 what i do with them is record the upper and lower seperatly so that they can be morphed against one another like on the d50

i usually do them in mono as the synth like wusic does the panning same for the ultran

with the ultran its getting the right mix of sounds and the blending funtions you can do neat slow morphing of pitch

at the moment im only using single samples at f5 but once i get the hang of it i will try and do multisample layers

my t1 pcm files patches are great to i use spectra multicycle waves and samples from analog synths and samplers

then use the synth engine which is neat as the synth engine is great and what made the m1 so good but using your own samples makes it better

same for the sy85 and 99 i use single cycle sounds and samples as audio rate modulaters for the fm so great very amplitude modulation sounds when using drums as the fm carrier takes on the transient of the modulater

i aslo make hardware modular synths and diy synths like the shruthi and the hackme rocket

get some nice sounds out the shruthi digital analog hybrid like the sq80 but does ppg wavetable synthesis

my special multicycle spectra are nice and made the solaris sound great

they are perfect for choir sounds ill do some multi layer for you to try in ultran
jammie1
Novice

Postby jammie1 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:13 pm

here is a test file for the 4 layer spectra

https://rapidshare.com/files/4011565428 ... _tester.7z

just load in the samples folder

its a very ghostly choir sound that blends into other choirs as it blends and holds and blends the pitch

this ultran synth is very film texture creater

this is my first attempt at 4 multi layers

done a few 2 layers which is what all the d50 files will be once i start to move them over for use in orion

cant save any patches as im on demo

and i made the .osp files in awave studio from sf2 as they are easier to do the ultran text files with

let me know and ill do some more testers
jammie1
Novice

Postby Mark » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:09 pm

Are you using copyrighted samples from the D50 and PPG etc.? If you are then I'm afraid you can't post direct links here. I'm really sorry about that and it's great that you're making wavetables etc for Orion.

We can discuss this further via PM if you wish.
Mark

Postby ufo » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:57 pm

What is that about oh crawling eye?

I was under the impression that when you purchased a synthesizer (real world device) you could make sample disks for free or commercial distribution.

Is this not still the case?
---=u f o=--- /Radiation Mutant / Snee-Nee-Iq
ufo
Elite Producer

Postby Kriminal » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:16 pm

not if the raw source is sample based (that is to say you cannot sample and use/sell the original samples used by the osc)
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby Mark » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:37 pm

ufo wrote:What is that about oh crawling eye?

:lol:

ufo wrote:I was under the impression that when you purchased a synthesizer (real world device) you could make sample disks for free or commercial distribution.

Is this not still the case?

If it is a purely analogue synth you can sample it. If the oscillators are digital as they are in the PPG and D50 you can't sample the raw waveforms nor can you sample the presets. Any patches that you make yourself with such digital synths are possibly re-distributable depending on the company. I think that part of the law is a grey area. I suggest you look at the FAQs for Spectrasonics Omisphere, for instance. They have zero tolerance to distribution of any samples derived from their product, even if it is a patch that you made yourself. Roland are also well known for protecting their intellectual and creative properties.
Mark

Postby Teksonik » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:28 pm

It didn't even cross my mind there might be issues with legality. There have been D-50 samples distributed with Wusikstation for years so I didn't even give it a second thought. The actual D-50 samples are just attack transients anyway but it's the patches themselves that would be nice to have as Osc fodder. I don't see why original patches can't be sampled but with Roland you never know. Just don't sample the "Native Dance" patch that's recognizable from a mile away...... :lol:

Interesting to see what Jammie has to say on the subject......Seems like he's been at it for quite a while..... :)
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Mark » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:50 pm

I've been at it for quite a while as well and wasted many hours reading all about it :lol:

There are very clear laws on sampling digital waveforms. It doesn't matter whether they are samples or single cycle waveforms. It's not allowed. Sampling factory patches on digital synths is also a no no. Sampling synth patches that you made yourself is, as I said, a grey area and would depend on the manufacturer - look at Omnisphere as an example of a big no no.

Just because someone else has sampled and redistributed D50 samples doesn't make it right unless, of course, they have an agreement with Roland. If they don't have an agreement then it either means Roland don't care in that particular case or their lawyers are not aware of the fact yet.

The outcome for me from all that reading btw was to just make my own waveforms either mathematically or from analogue synths. Having said that I did make some PPG and Kawai K3 wavetables that didn't involve using recordings of those synths ;)
Mark

Postby Teksonik » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:14 am

Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Teksonik » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:17 am

Mark wrote: Just because someone else has sampled and redistributed D50 samples doesn't make it right

I never said it was right. It simply didn't dawn on me in this case....I've been around samplers since the early Mirage days and to my knowledge haven't sampled anything that is copyrighted.....
Teksonik
Godlike

PreviousNext

Return to Wishlist