Export-Filenames, Toggle *orion*

Post your feature requests for future versions of Orion, Hydra, Scorpion or Plucked String. (Please do not expect a reply from the developers)

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Re: Export-Filenames, Toggle *orion*

Postby dmassive » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:13 pm

Atarax wrote:I'd like to have the files named after the channel names (and if you export separate audiofiles for instruments, i'd like to have the generator's name as filename).

That will be useful. :)

DaZoid wrote:Well, but dumping a track takes a lot of time.

You are right, is really a pain. But I still doing that today with some things in a powerful quad core CPU, for example, voices or huge pads, I play pads with many keys at a time, and, because I do something like Blümchen/Dune/Das Modul Happy Hardcore style, at about 180BPM, that kill CPU resources. :(

DaZoid wrote:I want to tweak real time and being able to have access to each instrument and setting while producing is a key point for me.

We always want that. :wink:
"Pleeease, bring back ORION!"
dmassive
Regular

Postby DaZoid » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:54 pm

dmassive wrote:You are right, is really a pain. But I still doing that today with some things in a powerful quad core CPU, for example, voices or huge pads, I play pads with many keys ata time, and, because I do something like Blümchen/Dune/Das Modul Happy Hardcore style, at about 180BPM, that kill CPU resources. :(

Happy Hardcore. :) yeah, liked that stuff when it was big in Germany. Think that was in the 90s, right? Think the Dune girl works for a telephone ripp off company in Berlin now. How come that you know these more German based acts when from Argentina?
DaZoid
Guru

Postby dmassive » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:36 am

DaZoid wrote:Happy Hardcore. :) yeah, liked that stuff when it was big in Germany. Think that was in the 90s, right? Think the Dune girl works for a telephone ripp off company in Berlin now. How come that you know these more German based acts when from Argentina?

Yes, in the late 90s also died this genre :( in 2001 in Germany comes a new girl to conquest the world "Spacegirl AKA Spacebelle", but was not success because Happy Hardcore was gone. The new Happy Hardcore that you can listen on piracy radios is not good, in my opinion, it have no soul, no feelings, just trance or older songs speeded up.
It´s a long story, but basically I knew this genre a long time ago by causality searching videos, and then found "Blümchen - Blaue Augen". Literally... nobody knows this genre in Argentina. :cry:
dmassive
Regular

Postby Atarax » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:38 am

Im so very sorry i started a new thread in this oh so active forum. An active forum gives the impression on the software being alive which is something new customers want but nevermind that!

I have a i5 2600K overclocked to 4.3Ghz with 8GB DDR3 and a SSD as main drive. The synths im using are Diversion - http://www.diversion-synth.com/ - and Diva (beta) - http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... sc&start=0
They're both extremely heavy on the cpu. 7 notes of diva fills up one core out of four.
Thank you for suggesting i have some error in my way of producing and/or that i need a new computer. Im sure someone can find reasons why i shouldn't use these two synths.

I picked Orion as my new host as it was very fast to work with. Intuitive and fast. Exporting 15 tracks and then importing them only to rename them all is not fast or intuitive. Being able to freeze a pattern seems like a good idea to me since you still could build up the track in song mode with them frozen (or so i would assume).
Atarax
Novice

Postby DaZoid » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:41 am

dmassive wrote:It´s a long story, but basically I knew this genre a long time ago by causality searching videos, and then found "Blümchen - Blaue Augen". Literally... nobody knows this genre in Argentina. :cry:

For me this track was always a clacker. :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmYi5u9BhtI
DaZoid
Guru

Postby ThehakkeMadman » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:24 am

Ok, I didn´t read this topic before I wrote my post on your actual threat.

Guys, just have a look at the plugins used here, if you still have problems to figure out the demand of this threat.
This "industrial circuit simulator" sounds quite interesting, but for now, I have the feeling that you´ll need a CPU like the Pentium Core i7 Extreme Edition or something else to handle this REAL DIVA!
For now, just tell us about that freeze-function :) Looks like this "middle-aged technique" becomes its reload :D
"I need more details."
ThehakkeMadman
Regular

Postby DaZoid » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:37 am

ThehakkeMadman wrote:REAL DIVA!

Just installed the demo. Sounds interesting. Although, I think that you really need to take your time to get some cool sounds out of it. So far, not so special but it has a real warm sound.
DaZoid
Guru

Postby Mark » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:57 am

Atarax wrote:Im so very sorry i started a new thread in this oh so active forum. An active forum gives the impression on the software being alive which is something new customers want but nevermind that!

I have a i5 2600K overclocked to 4.3Ghz with 8GB DDR3 and a SSD as main drive. The synths im using are Diversion - http://www.diversion-synth.com/ - and Diva (beta) - http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... sc&start=0
They're both extremely heavy on the cpu. 7 notes of diva fills up one core out of four.
Thank you for suggesting i have some error in my way of producing and/or that i need a new computer. Im sure someone can find reasons why i shouldn't use these two synths.

I picked Orion as my new host as it was very fast to work with. Intuitive and fast. Exporting 15 tracks and then importing them only to rename them all is not fast or intuitive. Being able to freeze a pattern seems like a good idea to me since you still could build up the track in song mode with them frozen (or so i would assume).

Drop the sarcasm please.

There's plenty of support for your idea, both in this thread and the many others that have gone before. Ultimately, it's up to the developer whether or not this gets implemented and the good news is that user feedback does often get implemented.

So why hasn't it been implemented yet? Two possibilities: a) the developer thinks it's a useless idea; b) it isn't easy to implement in the current structure. I think it's probably mostly the latter. Maybe if you spent a bit of time thinking about what the implementation would involve then you'd realise it would be a lot more than a line of code.

Personally, I think it would be a good idea, although I would rarely find a use for it.
Mark

Postby dmassive » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:03 pm

Oh, I forget to mention, if you want to increase your computer power, give a tray to "FX Teleport". This application will render VST in other computers in your LAN. Is a quick solution, not the best but... you can try that...
dmassive
Regular

Postby Mark » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:08 pm

dmassive wrote:Oh, I forget to mention, if you want to increase your computer power, give a tray to "FX Teleport". This application will render VST in other computers in your LAN. Is a quick solution, not the best but... you can try that...

Does that work even when rendering to wave within Orion?
Mark

Postby DaZoid » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:12 pm

Atarax wrote:Im so very sorry i started a new thread in this oh so active forum. An active forum gives the impression on the software being alive which is something new customers want but nevermind that!

I think you got a lot of attention here. And I think the forum is pretty active.
DaZoid
Guru

Postby Atarax » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:10 pm

Mark wrote:
Drop the sarcasm please.

There's plenty of support for your idea, both in this thread and the many others that have gone before. Ultimately, it's up to the developer whether or not this gets implemented and the good news is that user feedback does often get implemented.

So why hasn't it been implemented yet? Two possibilities: a) the developer thinks it's a useless idea; b) it isn't easy to implement in the current structure. I think it's probably mostly the latter. Maybe if you spent a bit of time thinking about what the implementation would involve then you'd realise it would be a lot more than a line of code.

Personally, I think it would be a good idea, although I would rarely find a use for it.

Thanks for your reply and sorry for the sarcasm. It's easy to go into defense mode with sarcasm as a shield when you're assumed to be a total idiot/newbie. Ill try to better myself and not read forums until after the morning coffee has settled :lol:

About the two possibilities - I would LOVE to hear from the developer. Having the names intact during export would probably involve much less coding. Im trying to think of ways around this issue. Maybe an effect you could insert after the synth and sample directly. Automatic sampling of all patterns would of course be preferred but one at a time would be ok - as long as it's in sync! I own Ni's Maschine which also has an FX version .. but, i wont be able to use it's output in the mixer. Naturally i could use the effects in Maschine instead but then what's the use of having Orion :? Not having orion's lfo tool is no fun!

And guys.. seriously, give diva a spin.. :) Nevermind the lower part and just focus on the modules. Pick the ones from jupiter8 or maybe alpha juno .. or minimoog ... or ms20.. :)The sound is fantastic!!
Atarax
Novice

Postby dmassive » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:49 pm

Mark wrote:
dmassive wrote:Oh, I forget to mention, if you want to increase your computer power, give a tray to "FX Teleport". This application will render VST in other computers in your LAN. Is a quick solution, not the best but... you can try that...

Does that work even when rendering to wave within Orion?

Yes, you can render to wave and needs all computers attached running.
dmassive
Regular

Previous

Return to Wishlist