Still desperately needs audio recording from plugins

Post your feature requests for future versions of Orion, Hydra, Scorpion or Plucked String. (Please do not expect a reply from the developers)

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Re: Still desperately needs audio recording from plugins

Postby Muse » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:22 pm

You must have an audio interface that can loopback as that does not seem possible generally. I wish it was so easy
Muse
Regular

Postby ufo » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:06 am

Not so sure its my hardware, but I added the audio track with input from Ch 1 & 2, all the vstis from Orion must output to ch 1& 2.

I cant remember off the top of my head, but I did check 2 boxes in the audio settings, one was monitor input.
I will check whence I return to the Orion, sorry if I got your hopes up there......
---=u f o=--- /Radiation Mutant / Snee-Nee-Iq
ufo
Elite Producer

Postby ufo » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:19 pm

What options do you see when you right click on playlist?
I get Audio channel No Input or Audio input 1 & 2, Audio input 3 & 4, Audio Input 5 & 6.

Generally when playing 'recorded takes' you only select the no input device.
The VSTis must output to the ch 1 & 2 by default (for standard sound cards) so select this option
as well as checking the first 2 check boxes (i forgot the first, the second in monitor input)

Let me know if this does not work for you.

I do have a rather nice audio card (Audiotrack Maya 44) but none of the special internal routings have been activated
i.e. the patch panel remains blank.

Good luck.
---=u f o=--- /Radiation Mutant / Snee-Nee-Iq
ufo
Elite Producer

Postby kicksnjackets » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:17 am

I tried a few combinations and it didn't work for me. In anycase, I picked up edison which did the trick for me in conjuction with shorcircuit/highlife.
kicksnjackets
Novice

Postby Kriminal » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:53 pm

Muse wrote:
Kriminal wrote:im not really sure what you mean, gimme the details amused....obviously stream to wav and insert is too much of a 'workaround' or something?

what are the benefits?

Try streaming Metaphysical Function (or similar Reaktor ensembles) to wav. Or a plugin like Granite. Stream, like any sort of bounce only works after you have laid down a track but that requires notes, generative plugins like the above don't create notes and need to be recorded straight to audio, particularly if you use them interactively as I do. Much of my music is of a semi generative nature and doesn't contain midi notes as such (although it usually will contain automation).

i just tried with the demo version of Granite (http://www.kvraudio.com/product/4500) and it worked fine

i loaded Granite, picked a preset (patience) and inserted an empty pattern into the playlist. Extended pattern to 48 bars, set song loop and streamed to wav. I also automated a few params first)

Orion recorded everything, from bar 0-bar60, even tho the pattern i inserted didnt start or end at those points.

gate env was off, no notes were inserted...

what am i missing?
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Previous

Return to Wishlist