Rest and Replace Generator

Post your feature requests for future versions of Orion, Hydra, Scorpion or Plucked String. (Please do not expect a reply from the developers)

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Rest and Replace Generator

Postby DivinEviL616 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:54 pm

I have several plugins that hang notes usually while I'm jumping from on to another while holding a note on my controller and this is quickly fixed by going back hitting the note again and viola...however I have several plugins that will permanently hang no matter what I do, I'm certain this is actually the plugins issue and not one with Orion but I think it could be quickly fixed with a reset generator option which would allow me to keep all the note patterns intact without having to open a second instance and transfer all pat's over.

It would also benefit the preset tweaker who's gone a little too far to get back to where they belong when modifying a preset. Though as I get more and more versed in synthesis I'm finding the need for that less and less obvious.

And an expansion on this idea would allow someone to swap out generators easily. I like to do what I call Midi-Mask remixes on older songs of mine to try and freshen them up by simply introducing a new plugin that I didn't think to try in the first go around or one that may have just bought and discovered a sound I think better suits a part in a work in progress or even on of the midi-mask songs.

If there are simple work around's to the issues mentioned above please share them, I'd hate to see such a streamlined DAW like Orion become over bloated with 300 different options to do the same thing.
DivinEviL616
Regular

Re: Rest and Replace Generator

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:33 pm

Have you tried to un-hang them with the Home key on your keyboard? It will stop Orion, for sure, but I bet you won't hear hanging notes anymore... at least not till you press them again.
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Postby Teksonik » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:45 pm

I believe double clicking the Stop button will also send an All Notes Off Command as well..... :)
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby DivinEviL616 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:53 pm

Teksonik wrote:I believe clicking the Stop button will also send an All Notes Off Command as well..... :)

Not for the ones that hang permanently, those keep going until I delete them or shut down Orion.

I have not tried to use the home key I will see what happens.
DivinEviL616
Regular

Postby Teksonik » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:58 am

Hmmm then that does sound like the plugin's fault. I think Home sends an all notes off message as well but give it a try....hopefully it will work for you........... :)
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby bones » Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:28 am

You should use Advanced MIDI settings, then krap like that can't happen.
Dell G7 (Hexa-Core i7)|Cubase Pro 10||Analog Keys|Ultranova|MicroMonsta|Uno|Skulpt|Craft Synth 2.0|
novakill.com
bones
Immortal

Postby dmassive » Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:35 am

DivinEviL616 wrote:
Teksonik wrote:I believe clicking the Stop button will also send an All Notes Off Command as well..... :)

Not for the ones that hang permanently, those keep going until I delete them or shut down Orion.

You are right... this happen to me a lot in the past, specially with "MDA Piano VST", which is the most used instrument plugin by me. But this plugin also have problems with other DAWs, so is not Orion problem, however, the "Panic" key in Orion 8.5 don´t stop that ugly sound.

I think you´re saying why are you using that old plugin? because is great and free, and in old Orion versions works good.
"Pleeease, bring back ORION!"
dmassive
Regular

Postby DivinEviL616 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:38 pm

dmassive wrote:
DivinEviL616 wrote:

You are right... this happen to me a lot in the past, specially with "MDA Piano VST", which is the most used instrument plugin by me. But this plugin also have problems with other DAWs, so is not Orion problem, however, the "Panic" key in Orion 8.5 don´t stop that ugly sound.

I think you´re saying why are you using that old plugin? because is great and free, and in old Orion versions works good.

I noticed last night it's mainly happening with just freeware stuff like the MDA Piano and reFX. I haven't had a chance to try anything new yet as far as work arounds but I'm about to get to it. I was thinking also while trying to sleep about the advanced midi options which I'll be looking at today, Bones, if you have any suggestions on specific configs I'd be interested in checking that out.
DivinEviL616
Regular

Postby bones » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:14 pm

Nothing specific, it just requires that you set up MIDI channels per instrument. What it means is a little extra set-up in Orion, assigning each generator to a MIDI channel but from there you just need to change channels on your controller, rather than selecting a new generator in Orion.
Dell G7 (Hexa-Core i7)|Cubase Pro 10||Analog Keys|Ultranova|MicroMonsta|Uno|Skulpt|Craft Synth 2.0|
novakill.com
bones
Immortal

Postby Teksonik » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:22 am

Just a thought but Orion's built in Grand Piano blows away the MDA Piano.....and doesn't hang....... :)

As a side note using Advanced Mode allows you layer synths on the same Midi channel so if you have a midi controller you can play them at the same time....something I've spent many joyful hours doing here....
Teksonik
Godlike

Return to Wishlist