Wishlist 2012 - Wishes only! (Sticky)

Post your feature requests for future versions of Orion, Hydra, Scorpion or Plucked String. (Please do not expect a reply from the developers)

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Wishlist 2012 - Wishes only! (Sticky)

Postby Kriminal » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:22 pm

original idea by Teksonik :wink:

post your whislist here, say what you would like to see added/changed in Orion, and say why. Give some thogut to your wishes and try to explain whay they would be a good addition to Orion

DISCLAIMER: This thread is 'unofficial' and in no way supported by Synapse, so do NOT expect an answer from the company, and certianly do not expect any of the 'wishes' to come true unless Synapse themselves actually say so :wink:
Last edited by Kriminal on Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Re: Wishlist 2012

Postby Lance » Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:48 pm

I support this topic. Just the users wishes and their explanations. And Rich may cherry-pick from it or getting inspiration. But for this the topic should be kept clean without dragging discussions with arguing why they don't need that they just wished. If it'll be clean, then in deed may look as a list of wishes and would be easily readable. I doubt Rich would like to read a long thread with loads of rabid arguing.
Lance
Guru

Postby Mark » Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:14 pm

I will tidy up (ie remove) comments that aren't related to the thread title once it gets flowing - apart from Moderator comments that is :)

So please stay on topic!! Both wishlist threads have been made stickies, btw.

I've created a new thread for discussion of wishes posted in this thread. Any discussion posted here will be moved there.

Feel free to use quotes from this thread in the discussion thread if you feel it's needed for clarity.
Mark

Postby Teksonik » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:25 pm

Kriminal wrote:original idea by Teksonik :wink:

Oh boy I'm sure to get my arse kicked now.......... :lol:

Anyway I'll start.....

1. Copy and Paste at Cursor in the Playlist.

The current Copy and drag method is a bit clumsy since I'm always jumping up or down a few notes as I click and drag......

(think I'll leave my other suggestion out for now :P )
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Christophe » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:54 am

copy option and chords tools from orion7
the possibility to use a novation lauchpad
a freeze option
Time Stretching and Pitch Shifting
record pattern in song playlist (old feature from v7)
the possibility to display multiple song event editor windows
Yamaha CS-30, Roland SH-1, Roland MKS70, Focusrite Scarlett 18i6, Yamaha FS1R, Oberheim Matrix 1000, Novation Remote 37SL, Korg Legacy, Alesis M1Active 520, Novation Launchpad Pro, Push2, Intel i7-7700HQ
Christophe

Postby heks » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:26 am

My wish list is mainly little things, like....
Next or last preset selector visible on effects < > , not too bothered but, maybe name as well :|
Effects selected when right clicking on an insert box to be in columns not as now, a list that goes off the bottom of the screen
Rescan listed in Options not the little box in vst paths, just easer for new folk to find :D
Pluggin scanner to list problem pluggins and if possible what's upsetting the checker :wink:
Last edited by heks on Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
heks
Apprentice

Postby Mark » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:30 am

Moved to correct thread:

Moe Shinola wrote:Portamento on all generators, accessible and adjustable from the front panel.
Mark

Re: Wishlist 2012 - Wishes only!

Postby Mark » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:18 pm

KvR user (michi_mak) request:

Partial quantise, e.g., 50% quantise moves the note half way towards the full quantise point.
Mark

Postby Kriminal » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:36 pm

FR: Randomise - randomise length of notes as well as note number
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby iam7zark7 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:17 am

Since this is the new official thread for it, I will bring back my oldest wish. I have mentioned this on various wishlists going back to the yahoo forums, and although I have no hope for it, or for it's implementation, I will wish it nonetheless.

I often use the drumrack to preview "FIT" loops "in real time".
I remove all but one track in the DR generator and open up the controls.
I set the pattern length to 32, put a note on the one, set the track to cut itself and enable "fit" to pattern length (set at 64).
I link a controller knob to the Tune knob which allows me to try the loop at 3 positions (even with the folder dialog open). This is necessary when the loops are different sizes and allows for checking double and halftime as well. This way I can go through sample folders quickly hearing what the loop will sound like in time with the track. If it is not a perfect loop, I can often fix it with offset or use the front or back half of the sample with offset and length. It works great and although, it is pitch-shifting and not time-stretching, it gives me a good enough idea of whether I can make the loop work or not. When I find the right one, I have to export the "fitted" sample if I want to bring it back into the sampler for slicing. In the past, my request was to incorporate the drumrack's "fit to pattern length" feature into the sampler so that I could use one sampler for the job that I am currently using two samplers for.

At one point there was talk about a new "phrase sampler" type of generator. That would be fine too...except that with that we would probably have to wait until Rich found a suitable timestretch algo.

I just want the current functionality that is in the drumrack to also be in the sampler. I'm sure someone might tell me that it is like asking the drumrack to have a grooveslicer. I don't want the drumrack to change at all. I love it. But, since this is a wishlist...I wish the sampler had "fit".

-7zark7
iam7zark7
Apprentice

Postby michl » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:08 am

getting MCU support for controlling the mixer with some thing like the cheap Korg NanoKontrol2 would be a great add on!
michl
Novice

Postby traumatek » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:25 pm

Mine is still: start and end bars to determine the part of a sliced groove that is re-created in the piano roll
:cowboy:
traumatek
Regular

Postby DivinEviL616 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:56 pm

I would like to see Midi patterns handled in the same way audio clips are handled but the playlist editor; in the way that they can be re-sized 'individually' without affecting the other instances of the same clip and also re-sized from the left.
DivinEviL616
Regular

Postby chrisqhq » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:22 am

It would be great if you could incorporate the suggestions from this treat into the internal Midi Out Generator of Orion:

http://forum.synapse-audio.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9355
http://soundcloud.com/chris-qhq/moonshine

Orion 8.5, ESI ESU 1808, Waldorf Blofeld, Virus Classic Rack, DSI Evolver, Waldorf Micro Q, Roland MKS 50, Yamaha DX 100, Roland U220
chrisqhq
Novice

Postby michl » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:46 pm

i'd like to have an option to normalize samples when loaded into the drum rack.
michl
Novice

Next

Return to Wishlist