CPU Usage per channel / VST

Post your feature requests for future versions of Orion, Hydra, Scorpion or Plucked String. (Please do not expect a reply from the developers)

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

CPU Usage per channel / VST

Postby Steven_Blair » Tue May 01, 2012 6:53 pm

Not sure if there is already a way to do this (without manually muting each channel).

I have a solution open just now with 16 channels. My CPU usage is pretty high (getting some crackling) and I wanna track down with VST(s) is causing me the grief.

Normally, I would have to go through each channel and mute til my CPU drops, so might be nice to have an indicator of what is eating up the CPU (maybe on the mixer strip)
Steven_Blair
Apprentice

Re: CPU Usage per channel / VST

Postby Teksonik » Tue May 01, 2012 8:23 pm

Individual CPU meters on each mixer strip? Hmmm interesting idea but it might actually use more cpu? You'd have to think of a way for the mixer to only meter the first strip of a multi out vsti........might be a bit tricky but perhaps possible....... :)
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Tue May 01, 2012 10:58 pm

If muting a generator reduces CPU usage, would soloing show the usage of only that one? Here's a thing to test a little :D
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Postby bones » Wed May 02, 2012 12:51 am

Steven_Blair wrote:Not sure if there is already a way to do this (without manually muting each channel).
I have a solution open just now with 16 channels. My CPU usage is pretty high (getting some crackling) and I wanna track down with VST(s) is causing me the grief.
Normally, I would have to go through each channel and mute til my CPU drops, so might be nice to have an indicator of what is eating up the CPU (maybe on the mixer strip)

If you go to song mode and play each instrument separately, i.e. one pattern at a time, you'll get a decent idea. Its only in pattern mode that instruments all drain the CPU at once.
Dell G7 (Hexa-Core i7)|Cubase Pro 10||Analog Keys|Ultranova|MicroMonsta|Uno|Skulpt|Craft Synth 2.0|
novakill.com
bones
Immortal

Postby Richard » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:33 am

Use "Solo" on the generator (not the mixer channel). This prevents other generators from getting any MIDI input, and unless they eat CPU when idle (could happen if e.g. a reverb is permanently on), this should give you an idea of the CPU usage of the solo'ed generator.
Richard
Synapse Audio

Postby Teksonik » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:28 am

Richard wrote:Use "Solo" on the generator (not the mixer channel). This prevents other generators from getting any MIDI input,

Solo a generator from it's toolbar and other generators still receive Midi....in Advanced Mode of course....... :)
Teksonik
Godlike

Return to Wishlist