AF-4 Analog Filter suggestion

Post your feature requests for future versions of Orion, Hydra, Scorpion or Plucked String. (Please do not expect a reply from the developers)

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

AF-4 Analog Filter suggestion

Postby eXode » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:34 pm

Hi

I'd just thought that I'd post a tiny little feature suggestion, and that is if you ever do an update on the AF-4 (which sounds gorgeous btw) please consider adding an audio input as a modulation input for the filter cutoff freq.

The thing is that Reason only runs it's CV signals at a 64th of the audio rate so to be able to do proper audio rate FM of the filter we would need an audio jack input as a modulation. If you need any reference you could perhaps take a look at the back of the pulveriser device in Reason 6.

And if not for the AF-4, at least for your consideration if you are making other RE's where audio rate modulation between devices might be a desirable feature. :)

Cheers!
eXode
Novice

Re: AF-4 Analog Filter suggestion

Postby Marcin » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:14 am

@eXode - have you been trying RM-1 yet and SideChain input? :)
Marcin
Synapse Audio

Postby eXode » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:58 am

Marcin wrote:@eXode - have you been trying RM-1 yet and SideChain input? :)

Yes, thanks! That works very well. Beautiful device altogether! Really, wonderful work. :)

I was thinking of a device such as the AF-4 in particular (or if you do a synth or something else with a filter in the future) to allow audio rate FM of the filter cutoff freq. :)

Cheers!
eXode
Novice

Postby Richard » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:38 pm

That's a brilliant idea :) We asked Propellerheads about backwards compatibility if we add more stuff to the backside, they said it should work. :)
Richard
Synapse Audio

Postby projectdan » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:57 pm

Richard wrote:That's a brilliant idea :) We asked Propellerheads about backwards compatibility if we add more stuff to the backside, they said it should work. :)
That could swing me in favor of buying AF-4 :D
projectdan
Novice

Postby Richard » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:46 pm

We have it working in beta, it sounds really amazing with the option to do Filter FM! Thanks again for this great suggestion! :D

The added sidechain can be used both mono and stereo- the latter is even more wicked. We'll upload it for testing later today if all goes smoothly.
Richard
Synapse Audio

Postby eXode » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:52 pm

Richard wrote:We have it working in beta, it sounds really amazing with the option to do Filter FM! Thanks again for this great suggestion! :D

The added sidechain can be used both mono and stereo- the latter is even more wicked. We'll upload it for testing later today if all goes smoothly.

That's what I'm here for. ;)

Jokes aside, I thank you as well for adding this. Really great stuff and it makes me happy (and probably many more!). I know that stuff like this in particular (i.e. CV rate limits vs audio) is not easy to know about from the get go. I actually only learnt, or rather understood the mechanics, behind these limits myself some year ago, and I've been using the damn program since 2.5! :)

Big kudos to you!
eXode
Novice

Postby eXode » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:14 pm

Richard wrote:The added sidechain can be used both mono and stereo- the latter is even more wicked. We'll upload it for testing later today if all goes smoothly.

Wow, another thing this will be brilliant for is Pulsar. Pulsar has two LFO's with audio output beside CV and you can set the phase manually on each LFO. Hello stereo modulation madness. Really opens the filter up as a "stereo filter". Great added bonus. :D
eXode
Novice

Postby Hypothalamus » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:01 pm

Wow - I am really looking forward to this update! Great suggestion eXode! I love all kinds of audio rate modulation, and filter FM brings lots of new possibilities to this already amazing sounding filter. I love the Ring Modulator too. Very nice stuff, guys!
Hypothalamus
Novice

Postby Richard » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:57 am

Thanks! :)

Btw we submitted the AF-4 update a couple of days ago, hopefully it'll pass the testing stage soon.
Richard
Synapse Audio

Postby eXode » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:02 am

Richard wrote:Thanks! :)

Btw we submitted the AF-4 update a couple of days ago, hopefully it'll pass the testing stage soon.

Awesome. Thanks for the update! :)
eXode
Novice

Postby Hypothalamus » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:59 am

Thanks, Richard! Looking forward to the update and future Synapse Audio RE's! (Hopefully a synth some time maybe?) :D
Hypothalamus
Novice

Return to Wishlist