Dune Version One Future Updates?

Post everything related to Synapse VST and Audio Unit plugins here.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Dune Version One Future Updates?

Postby Touch The Universe » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:20 pm

I'm wondering on the status of Dune 1. Can we expect any future updates or improvements? Specifically, is it possible to transfer over any of version 3 new features into the Dune One?
Check out our soundsets for Dune 3: Earthshine, Dream Worlds, and Harmonic Stars
Touch The Universe
Regular

Re: Dune Version One Future Updates?

Postby bones » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:33 am

The product is called DUNE. You are on Version 1. The upgrade you are after is called Version 2 or Version 3.
Dell G7 (Hexa-Core i7)|Cubase Pro 10||Analog Keys|Ultranova|MicroMonsta|Uno|Skulpt|Craft Synth 2.0|
novakill.com
bones
Immortal

Postby Richard » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:34 pm

Dune 2 is not compatible with Dune 1 in any way, so transferring features back would be difficult or even impossible. For instance Dune 1 had monophonic voices spread in the stereo field, while Dune 2 is fully stereo. We kept Dune 1 alive for some time in case people wanted to use older third-party soundsets, that were still around when Dune 2 was initially released. In the mean time Dune 1 has become rather obsolete though. Since Dune 3 will be fully patch-compatible with Dune 2, Dune 3 will probably replace both.
Richard
Synapse Audio

Postby Touch The Universe » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:01 pm

That's a bit of a shame for sure. Dune 1 has its own unique sound. I love the filter/engine. Would be really nice to see this developed further as its own product. Please, don't ever cancel it or make it not available. It is still highly relevant for the foreseeable future. I've read atleast a dozen times where people prefer the sound of d1.
Check out our soundsets for Dune 3: Earthshine, Dream Worlds, and Harmonic Stars
Touch The Universe
Regular

Return to Plugin Support (VST/AU)