Dune 2 Sound Expansion Released Today

Post everything related to Synapse VST and Audio Unit plugins here.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Re: Dune 2 Sound Expansion Released Today

Postby rob_lee » Wed May 07, 2014 1:53 pm

Hello Mike,

Thanks i'm glad you like the sounds there. The midi i use are all my own programmed in Logic. I didn't include many at all but in the next bank i will make a separate folder with midi if i use any which i probably will. There may be midi in the factory bank that i supplied but i'm not sure so i'll make a midi file folder with the next batch of sounds i'm working on right now. Should be out at the end of this month.

Rob
rob_lee
Regular

Postby rob_lee » Wed May 07, 2014 1:53 pm

satYatunes wrote:Amazing sounds as always. Congrats and good luck.

Thanks mate :D
rob_lee
Regular

Postby MikeCallon » Wed May 07, 2014 2:06 pm

rob_lee wrote:Hello Mike,

Thanks i'm glad you like the sounds there. The midi i use are all my own programmed in Logic. I didn't include many at all but in the next bank i will make a separate folder with midi if i use any which i probably will. There may be midi in the factory bank that i supplied but i'm not sure so i'll make a midi file folder with the next batch of sounds i'm working on right now. Should be out at the end of this month.

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks - I thought as much - there are quite a few patches in the factory bank that aren't 'editable' in terms of the arp pattern as they use midi files that aren't included in the download ... so you're unfortunately stuck with the pattern that's saved with the patch! .... would be nice is Synapse included an option to Save midi as well as Load (for the step sequencer as well as midi patterns) .... an edit function (for midi patterns) isn't really feasible I guess. Would be good if you could include the midi files .... would give more flexibility :D)

Looking forward to the next bank !

P.S. ... stop hanging about in this forum and get on with it :wink:
MikeCallon
Novice

Postby rob_lee » Wed May 07, 2014 2:11 pm

Just check here in case any has any problems and need help with the synth or bank Mike. The work is all being done on the other screen hehe.
Anyways i agree that factory midi and future preset midi files should be supplied so users can select them for whatever preset they choose. I'll do that with my next one Mike and also sort the midi i had used in the first. Simple job really so that's what i'll do in future. End of this month a new expansion will be available for Dune 2. The possibilities are endless with this synth IMO.

Okay back to work (after my kebab) lol

Rob
rob_lee
Regular

Postby MikeCallon » Wed May 07, 2014 2:15 pm

Wow .... Kebab for lunch .... I dread to think what kind of patches you'll dream up this afternoon :D
MikeCallon
Novice

Postby rob_lee » Wed May 07, 2014 2:21 pm

MikeCallon wrote:Wow .... Kebab for lunch .... I dread to think what kind of patches you'll dream up this afternoon :D

Yeah with hot chilli and chips XXL Donner :D

PS

I was gonna release midi packs on beatport etc but i'll save a few and put them in a folder in the next expansion.
I'll also import them in to the actual Dune 2 preset but with Arp switched off unless the actual patch is meant to be set to Arp on then the user can just activate Arp to hear the pattern. If you don't like that pattern then the folder with midi can be selected to choose a new pattern. Is that good with you guys? If so i'll include a midi folder no problem.

Rob
rob_lee
Regular

Postby MikeCallon » Wed May 07, 2014 2:53 pm

rob_lee wrote:I'll also import them in to the actual Dune 2 preset but with Arp switched off unless the actual patch is meant to be set to Arp on then the user can just activate Arp to hear the pattern. If you don't like that pattern then the folder with midi can be selected to choose a new pattern. Is that good with you guys? If so i'll include a midi folder no problem.

Rob

Sounds great - thanks Rob :D

I still think I need to get onto Synapse to allow saving of patterns though - imagine spending time setting up an awesome 32-step step sequencer pattern and only being able to save it with the current patch - ouch !

There are also a lot of 'named' step sequencer patterns that aren't included in the factory bank ... e.g the Avalon Light RH patch uses a step sequencer pattern called Arpog1 ... but that doesn't exist (at least not anywhere I can find it ?!) ... I'll get on to Synapse support :D

Mike
MikeCallon
Novice

Postby rob_lee » Wed May 07, 2014 6:29 pm

MikeCallon wrote:imagine spending time setting up an awesome 32-step step sequencer pattern and only being able to save it with the current patch - ouch !
Mike

+1 on this. Would be a great feature addition for sure. Maybe Richard or Marcin could look in to this one. I know that i asked something similar a while back in beta.

Rob
rob_lee
Regular

Postby junebug » Wed May 07, 2014 11:14 pm

+1 to saving of arp patterns and also saving PLEASE of MSEG envelopes!

i'm spending loads of time creating WILD MSEG's for dubstep sounds and it would be a real time saver to be able to save them and load them at will...

i found that i can at least copy and paste an MSEG from one instance of DUNE 2 to another, but it's a hassle...

;)
JUNEBUG
http://www.Electronisounds.com (my samples and loops website)
http://www.PrizmPrime.com (my original music)
https://pro.beatport.com/artist/prizm-prime/389343 (my tracks on BEATPORT)
junebug
Regular

Postby rob_lee » Thu May 08, 2014 3:11 pm

Update:

Okay so iv'e started to program some midi files here for the next expansion out end of the month. If i include the midi in any preset then that same midi will be included separately in a folder for you guys "Tagged" so you know which preset it was used. I'll put a few together so you can load them up to your own preset or any other in Dune 2.
The second expansion is coming along just nicely too. In my 3rd one this summer i'll be working on some Wavetables from the Virus/Nords/Radias etc so there'll be some more goodness in there for you guys.

PS

Thanks for all the sales so far, inspires me to program new content.

Best

Rob
rob_lee
Regular

Postby powermat » Thu May 08, 2014 3:56 pm

Rob,

Loving it! Especially the extremely analog sounding basses! Keep em coming!

Thanks,
powermat
powermat
Novice

Postby rob_lee » Thu May 08, 2014 4:06 pm

powermat wrote:Rob,

Thanks,
powermat

Thanks mate.. plenty more basses coming your way soon. Just doing some house stabs etc now.. might do some short videos too on how i make the presets and the working of Dune 2 if i get some time. Might help out a few that want to make their own sounds in future.

Rob
rob_lee
Regular

Postby rob_lee » Thu May 08, 2014 4:43 pm

I just uploaded a quick video to my YouTube trying out the Screen flow here. The video just shows the programming from scratch of a basic house stab in Dune 2. I may do more of these videos (more in depth) if they're any good to people here.

Link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZqSpowZeIg

Watch in HD cause the other settings look terrible but i'm new to the Screen flow lol

Rob
rob_lee
Regular

Postby DaZoid » Thu May 08, 2014 4:44 pm

rob_lee wrote:
powermat wrote:Rob,

Thanks,
powermat

Thanks mate.. plenty more basses coming your way soon. Just doing some house stabs etc now.. might do some short videos too on how i make the presets and the working of Dune 2 if i get some time. Might help out a few that want to make their own sounds in future.

Rob

Yes, Please Rob, make some videos!!!!!!! That would be great. I'm just working on a bassline for my recent track. It has to be flat low but still somehow fat and a bit punchy. But I'm struggeling...
DaZoid
Guru

Postby rob_lee » Thu May 08, 2014 4:54 pm

DaZoid wrote: I'm just working on a bassline for my recent track. It has to be flat low but still somehow fat and a bit punchy. But I'm struggeling...

Okay well if i'm working on a track i usually have about 3 bass layers going at once mate. With leads i have about 5-6 layers going there. Here's a track i did a while ago this has lots of stuff going on here but the baseline has to be right lol.

http://www.beatport.com/track/she-rob-lee-remix/3571701
rob_lee
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Plugin Support (VST/AU)