Dune 2 Automation in Ableton Live (Mac)

Post everything related to Synapse VST and Audio Unit plugins here.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Dune 2 Automation in Ableton Live (Mac)

Postby dr_tone » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:30 am

I am experiencing a problem when trying to automate Dune 2 from within Ableton Live 9 for both, the VST and AU-Version of the plugin (Mac OS 10.9.5):

Although I can "listen" to the parameter names from within the plugin-wrapper (i.e. press "Configure" to add the parameters that I wish to automate), the automation itself seems not to work. Specifically

- the range of an parameter stays unknown to the host (normally MIDI CC go from 0 to 127; these go generically from 0 to 1)
- no MIDI data seem to come out of the plugin (can not record knob-turning etc. to the host)
- no MIDI data can be sent to the plugin (when drawing curves, the MIDI in light of DUNE does not flash)

However, I CAN record MIDI CC from an external controller. When right-click assigning a controller to a parameter, I can both, record and play back my performance.

Can someone please explain what is going on here? Thank you very much!

PS: Two more additional informations: (1) I am using the demo-version of Dune 2. (2) The Ableton/host automation works fine with other 3rd party VSTs/Plugins (eg. Fabfilter's Twin).
dr_tone
Novice

Re: Dune 2 Automation in Ableton Live (Mac)

Postby Marcin » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:11 am

In the demo version the host automation is disabled (and the patches cannot be saved).
Marcin
Synapse Audio

Re: Dune 2 Automation in Ableton Live (Mac)

Postby dr_tone » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:36 am

I see. Thank you for answering so promptly. I'll buy the full version then ;-)
dr_tone
Novice

Return to Plugin Support (VST/AU)