[Dune2] Custom font

Post everything related to Synapse VST and Audio Unit plugins here.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

[Dune2] Custom font

Postby els » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:36 am

Hi and first of all thanks for the update. :)

Had a quick view into the config.ini and wondering how to implement a custom font. I see there are custom font png-files with pink-coloured separators. Do they mean that I have to render the font (let's say: Comic Sans *g*) and split its letters and numerals with this pink lines? Furthermore there are blank spaces to the left and right. Does it matter which size they are (I see they are of different widths).

:cowboy:
els
Novice

Re: [Dune2] Custom font

Postby Marcin » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:50 am

and split its letters and numerals with this pink lines

Yes, the pink lines are separators for the characters. The amount of the pink lines must be preserved.

there are blank spaces to the left and right

The space on the left is the size of the "space" character. The space on the right is just the padding space to fit the total width of the image to be divisable by 4 pixels (say if your last pink line ends on 483th pixel, then you need to increase the width to the 484 pixels and the right padding space will contain 1 empty pixel after the pink line).

Does it matter which size they are

The custom font image can be freely sized, the distance between pink lines can be any, however just the two above mentioned requirements must be met.
Marcin
Synapse Audio

Re: [Dune2] Custom font

Postby els » Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:09 pm

Cool, perfect answer and instruction! :dance:

Thank you, Marcin.
els
Novice

Return to Plugin Support (VST/AU)