can you modulate MWheel with LFO/MSEG?

Post everything related to Synapse VST and Audio Unit plugins here.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

can you modulate MWheel with LFO/MSEG?

Postby Caine » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:22 pm

just wanted to modulate the MWheel with MSEG but didnt find it :(
Caine
Novice

Re: can you modulate MWheel with LFO/MSEG?

Postby Kriminal » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:29 pm

No.

If you have mw>freq why not have lfo/mseg>freq?

MW is meant to be used manually, not a constant mod. (ie filter sweeps, changing lfo rates etc etc during performance)

What exactly are you trying to achieve?
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby Teksonik » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:07 pm

Mod Wheel is a Source not a Destination. Off the top of my head I can't think of a synth that allows you to have the MW as a modulation destination...there might be some I just can't think of any at the moment........ :?
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Cinebient » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:10 am

Modulation Modwheel is a thing i like too. I do it via MIDI FX in Logic Pro X where i can assign an LFO or Envelope to control the modwheel. Not sure if other DAW have similar options. But trough automation that should be possible too.
The thing is You can add tons of parameters to the modwheel and can make rythmic FX or melodies with it while playing with booth hands f.e.
I really would like to have it in a synth too. Very useful.

Modwheel was yesterday ;) Today i like to control my tools via iPad with things like multi aftertouch pitchbends and modulations. Has anyone made a lemur template or something like that for Dune 2. As much i like the tools on my desktop, some of the synths like Animoog have another dimension of expression which would be killer with quality sounds from Dune 2!
Cinebient
Regular

Postby Caine » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:13 pm

Teksonik wrote:Mod Wheel is a Source not a Destination. Off the top of my head I can't think of a synth that allows you to have the MW as a modulation destination...there might be some I just can't think of any at the moment........ :?

well i got some patches and made some modulations and assigned all to the Modwheel, it modulates SO many parameters it is fun to play, but when i wanna make an automation in fl studio i cannot do it :(
so it would be a cool option!
Caine
Novice

Return to Plugin Support (VST/AU)