DUNE 2 osc phase and polarity

Post everything related to Synapse VST and Audio Unit plugins here.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

DUNE 2 osc phase and polarity

Postby Yorrrrrr » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:13 pm

Hello. If I wanted to replicate this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eH-3qj0c2nE on DUNE 2. How would I do it? The init phase mod destination does not seem to do the same as the phase control in Sylenth1 or Serum, for example.

Also, is there a way to invert polarity?

Thanks,
Yorrrrrr
Regular

Re: DUNE 2 osc phase and polarity

Postby Oberheim » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:50 pm

I dont think there is phase effect in this sounds. What i hear is one sound with Square and some vibrato. And another Saw unisono with little vibrato and Hipass filter or EQ for cut off lower frequencies and if i hear good, in video says it have noise sound too. Try use nonlinear unisono voices, it is more close up with Sylenth unisono I think.
Oberheim
Novice

Postby kokotte » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:10 pm

HI Yorrrrr,
i have made some wt, a saw and a sine, for make what you want, but it depend how you want to do that,
my table, phase offset, work well for bass with the phase reset osc, for ex, osc Phase reset WT phase offset(see the link) same for osc2 and move the WT position, for unisson or what you want without Phase reset, i would recommend to but the WT where you want to mod the position in a second voice and filter the high frequency for minimize the jitter artifact,it work and add some 'vib'
you can add some fun at audiorate and modulate the osc1WT position(at 50%) with osc2 for make some PM( in the mattrix) work good with the phaseoffsetB2BS,it make fm. tell me if it work for you....

the master in Wt is Mark, i'm a noob at that, i think he can elaborate another solution :cowboy:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8gp4p13yt1pfoty/Wt.rar?dl=0
kokotte
Novice

Postby kokotte » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:13 pm

you can invert the phase in the mod matrix, init phase in the osc section, i think it's 50, try it
kokotte
Novice

Postby Yorrrrrr » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:52 am

kokotte wrote:you can invert the phase in the mod matrix, init phase in the osc section, i think it's 50, try it

Not the same as inverting the polarity. If a normal 'ramp up' saw wave is polarity inverted, it would turn into a 'ramp down' saw. Not the same if I just switch the initial phase 180 degrees (it still ramps up, but starts at a different phase).
Yorrrrrr
Regular

Return to Plugin Support (VST/AU)