DUNE 2 further development

Post everything related to Synapse VST and Audio Unit plugins here.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Re: DUNE 2 further development

Postby Sirous » Wed May 25, 2016 8:03 am

Can you give me a listen to it?

Both acid sounds i did, i've used the overdrive because it's more clearer/crispy, i've started another one with the crunch now, used more highs then but still it's not comparable with the good old tb303 :) whatever distortion you use here.
Sirous
Novice

Postby Sirous » Wed May 25, 2016 9:08 am

Oh and if i write here so much...
i've just noticed that the pitch bend is not correct after you tweak it. it doesn't go to the middle position back again as before. You can see and hear that. It goes a few cent deeper (of course depending on how heavy the down pitch bend setting is).
Sirous
Novice

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Wed May 25, 2016 11:31 pm

Sirous wrote:Can you give me a listen to it?

Both acid sounds i did, i've used the overdrive because it's more clearer/crispy, i've started another one with the crunch now, used more highs then but still it's not comparable with the good old tb303 :) whatever distortion you use here.

From the purists' perspective out there in the interwebs, nothing is comparable to the good ol' TB303. Taking that into consideration, you will probably have a VERY hard time to do a proper 303 in DUNE, since its never been claimed that it can realistically represent or even emulate the silvery box.

My advice, if you're willing to take it, is to look at some other synths that at least try to emulate 303 in some ways. My personal favors, beside Orion's Monobass are JoaChip's TB4005 (isn't really a 303-clone, but to me sounds awesome. It hasn't been updated in a looooong time and doesn't really work with Orion cause of some internal buffer issues) and SynthSchool's TB Strip which has its own built in Drive control. Sounds pretty nice, sharp and squelchy :D There are many other free "clones", like Muon Tau (Facebook download), Bitsonic TB-303 (requires that you use their downloader) and Nero to name a few. You can also just buy ABL3 which is said to be an exceptional clone.

Of course, if you are one of those purists, then just get the real box and be done with it, instead of chasing for the authentic 303 sound. Personally, I'm not a purist and I'm quite happy with how some of those alternatives sound.

Cheers!
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Postby Kriminal » Thu May 26, 2016 3:59 pm

HYPNAGOGIA wrote:you will probably have a VERY hard time to do a proper 303 in DUNE, since its never been claimed that it can realistically represent or even emulate the silvery box.!

Rubbish. The seq has slides and vel for accents, and it even has an acid filter. Piece of cake. Its better than most of the stuff you suggested.
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Fri May 27, 2016 7:28 pm

Kriminal wrote:Rubbish. The seq has slides and vel for accents, and it even has an acid filter. Piece of cake. Its better than most of the stuff you suggested.

Different tastes, I suppose ;)
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Previous

Return to Plugin Support (VST/AU)