Gothic Gold skin for Synapse-Audio Dune 2 released

Post everything related to Synapse VST and Audio Unit plugins here.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Re: Gothic Gold skin for Synapse-Audio Dune 2 released

Postby funky koval » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:40 pm

Point taken Tek, point taken. :lol:
funky koval
Regular

Postby Kriminal » Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:26 pm

Teksonik wrote:Taking musical production advice from BONES is like taking financial advice from someone who is in bankruptcy....... :lol:

To be fair, he's prob sold more music and played more gigs than anyone here....but he does tend to be a tad narrow-minded in certain areas :wink:

Back to the skins: great work from a skilled artist. 8)
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby cooliadh » Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:47 pm

Kriminal wrote:
Teksonik wrote:Taking musical production advice from BONES is like taking financial advice from someone who is in bankruptcy....... :lol:

To be fair, he's prob sold more music and played more gigs than anyone here....but he does tend to be a tad narrow-minded in certain areas :wink:

Back to the skins: great work from a skilled artist. 8)

Bones criticises people and ideas which influences the creation of music / music software. Sometimes he speaks "harder" than others but what?

He has many years of experience in making music, creating own synths and also playing it all live - just think about it...
Orion 8.6 | DUNE | DUNE 2 | EKS Pro | Hydra | Sylenth1 | Predator | Predator 2 | Blue 2 | Windows 10 Pro | ESI Maya 44 XTE | Oxygen 8 V2 | X-Board 49 | Edirol MA-20D | Sennheiser HD 380 Pro

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4WdwS ... SQD86w25Dw
cooliadh
Apprentice

Postby Cinebient » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:08 pm

In a few years no one have to create music since everyone can do it today even on a smartphone.
A.I. software will create random music in a few years too......
Expensive plug-ins will be dead, so will independent musicians too. So enjoy it as long as it stays.
Good thing is such tools will be available and affordable for more people.
It´s not about the tools, it´s about workflow, fun to create and yes inspiration.... which can a nice UI give you :mrgreen:
Cinebient
Regular

Postby Teksonik » Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:03 am

Kriminal wrote:To be fair, he's prob sold more music and played more gigs than anyone here.

So it's ok for him to sell music and tickets to gigs but he calls someone who buys patches or skins "mugs"...... :roll:

bones wrote:I think anyone who pays for either is a mug.

:wink:

bones wrote:And far from being creative, 99% of making music is just hard slog.

He dismisses creativity as a significant part of making music and that explains why his music sounds exactly the same today as it did fifteen years ago. He's become so narrow minded that it has closed altogether.......

There's certainly nothing wrong with him expressing his opinion but expressing it as some gospel of truth or pearls of wisdom that anyone should pay any real attention to has grown tiresome.

cooliadh wrote:He has many years of experience in making music, creating own synths and also playing it all live - just think about it...

When he wins a Grammy I might listen to what he has to say.............. :lol:
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Teksonik » Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:17 am

Anyway back to skinning. MSEGCursor.png seems to be missing from the Harbor Blue skin. I've had it happen a few times where the colored block that shows where on the timeline the MSEG is playing will get "trapped" and show up on the FX or LFO pages. I've copied the cursor.png to the Harbor Blue folder so I'll see if that fixes the issue........
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Saukar23 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:11 am

Teksonik wrote:When he wins a Grammy I might listen to what he has to say.............. :lol:

Even then... Bones will be a narrow minded artist with a Grammy. Congrats!! :roll:
Like sucks if you blow chunks
Saukar23
Regular

Postby Kriminal » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:41 am

Teksonik wrote:
Kriminal wrote:To be fair, he's prob sold more music and played more gigs than anyone here.

So it's ok for him to sell music and tickets to gigs but he calls someone who buys patches or skins "mugs"...... :roll:

bones wrote:I think anyone who pays for either is a mug.

:wink:

bones wrote:And far from being creative, 99% of making music is just hard slog.

He dismisses creativity as a significant part of making music and that explains why his music sounds exactly the same today as it did fifteen years ago. He's become so narrow minded that it has closed altogether.......

There's certainly nothing wrong with him expressing his opinion but expressing it as some gospel of truth or pearls of wisdom that anyone should pay any real attention to has grown tiresome.

cooliadh wrote:He has many years of experience in making music, creating own synths and also playing it all live - just think about it...

When he wins a Grammy I might listen to what he has to say.............. :lol:

You could just ignore him then. I doubt him winning a grammy (whatever that is) will change his or your views.
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby Mark » Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:14 pm

Back to skinning please :lol:
Mark

Postby Teksonik » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:42 pm

Kriminal wrote: a grammy (whatever that is)

Wait....Really ? Quite a few Brits have won them. Sort of like a Physicist not knowing what the Nobel Prize is..... :lol:

Ok back to skinning, has anyone else experienced the "trapped" MSEG cursor issue I noted above ?
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby satYatunes » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:51 pm

Teksonik wrote:Ok back to skinning, has anyone else experienced the "trapped" MSEG cursor issue I noted above ?

Yes, I have. I think it's a bug rather than a skin problem cause it loads default images if the respective image is missing from individual skins folder. It may have been added in the new 2.5 version cause it was not there in previous versions, hence I missed it in Harbor Blue. It's no big deal, even if you don't copy the image it will still work.

By the way, I have released a new Dune 2 skin.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11719
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Premium and free skins and soundsets
Website | Portfolio
satYatunes
Novice

Postby Teksonik » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:10 pm

satYatunes wrote:
Teksonik wrote:Ok back to skinning, has anyone else experienced the "trapped" MSEG cursor issue I noted above ?

Yes, I have. I think it's a bug

That's the point. If it's a bug it should be reported.

satYatunes wrote:it will still work.

Yes the skin works but having the MSEG Cursor image show when you are on the FX or LFO tab is obviously not optimal. :wink:

I have not had a chance to test to see if the issue still occurs after copying the MSEGCursor.png into the Blue Harbor folder. If the issue is solved then no further action is needed but if the issue still persists I'll report it at the beta forum.........
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby satYatunes » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:22 pm

The issue remains even after copying the image to skin folder.
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Premium and free skins and soundsets
Website | Portfolio
satYatunes
Novice

Postby Teksonik » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:50 pm

Ok thanks then I'll report it later today. Have to run out for awhile..........

EDIT: I wanted to make a screenshot to show this issue but am unable to recreate it now. Do you know a series of steps that will cause the issue to appear ? Also have you had the issue happen with the Default skin ?
Teksonik
Godlike

Previous

Return to Plugin Support (VST/AU)