Envelopes too slow?

Post everything related to Synapse VST and Audio Unit plugins here.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Envelopes too slow?

Postby Cinebient » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:24 pm

Sorry but maybe i do just something wrong. While i wanted to recreate a simple but very nice patch from another synth just for my personal use i experienced some trouble with the timing.
I wanted to make a simple saw. The OSC volume is controlled via LFO 1 and a looped MSEG (a square) is controlling the rate of LFO 1. So far so good. It sounds like in the other synth (at least the character) but when i for exampel hold some higher keys and add a lower one in the chord it seems to start slightly too late. Even when i turn off all FX and put the synth to audio rate it gets always out of sync. Since i have the LFO and the MSEG in mono it doesn´t should or? It sounds like that the change of the rate of LFO 1 starts slightly different. I was hoping for a really snappy thing here.
Anyone an idea what i am doing wrong here?

Edit: I tryed it now several times and compared it to other synths.... i def. can´t get the LFO and MSEG to sync proper. :shock:
I hold 2-3 keys than i add a 4th and change the forth note very fast while still holding the first three notes. It always get out of sync after some seconds. All LFO and MSEG are set to mono!
When i use just one LFO or MSEG it works fine but when i add a second LFO or MSEG to modulate the first one it don´t stay in sync. That´s a bummer!
Cinebient
Regular

Re: Envelopes too slow?

Postby Kriminal » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:26 pm

Might help if you say what synth you are using...
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby Cinebient » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:30 pm

Uups.... i mean Dune 2 :lol:
How i said, everything is fine but when i modulate an modulator it doesn't fit very well.
Cinebient
Regular

Postby Kriminal » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:09 pm

Are they both set to sync, and is dune set to host sync?
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby Cinebient » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:08 pm

Yes, i tryed that too. Seems Dune 2 is not made for modulate modulators :? The MSEG and LFO should run in legato for perfect sync. If they just can run in free mode in mono it could be the problem. Not sure how Dune 2 handle that.
This synth could be so great.... i mean it is.... but..... :roll:

(...well, i see a free Logic update with Alchemy 2.0 and more is in the store... oh my.....)
Cinebient
Regular

Postby Teksonik » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:54 pm

I was pointed to this article from a thread at KVR. I've been reading Craig Anderton's stuff since back in the Transoniq Hacker days.

Anyway I tried this with DUNE 2's MSEGs and it works pretty well.............

http://blog.cakewalk.com/punch-with-synths/
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Cinebient » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:19 am

@Teksonik: Thank's, interesting things!

To my problem... I doubt there will be some kind of official answer here. So i take it as not usable for this kind of sounds and will look somewhere.

However, thank you all again for help!
Have a nice day.
Cheers!
Cinebient
Regular

Return to Plugin Support (VST/AU)