DUNE 2 Getting Trashed

Post everything related to Synapse VST and Audio Unit plugins here.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Re: DUNE 2 Getting Trashed

Postby Teksonik » Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:45 pm

Thanks Richard, that's good news about an update. :)

Sorry I just over reacted but I'm tired of seeing people disrespect DUNE 2 with comments like 'ooooh it's not snappy" or "it's not punchy or plucky". It's like people saying your girlfriend is ugly......you want to punch them in the nose. :lol:

I think most of the complaints are just because people don't know how to use Orion. I listen to Kevin's EDM # 2 demo and to me that proves DUNE 2 can be just as snappy and plucky and punchy as you like.

It's just there are questions like modulating modulators that I'm not able to answer. Some questions are best addressed by the guys who write the code. Maybe sometimes the answer is "because of DUNE's layered architecture XYZ is not possible" and sometimes the answer is " XYZ is possible by doing this or that in the Mod Matrix". Getting answers to these issues will help all users. :)
Last edited by Teksonik on Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Reny » Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:16 pm

Richard, what about Orion update for winter, that would shut up me and other costumers? :wink:

Teksonik, Orion is beast. I am making Tropical House, Future House, Dubstep, EDM Trap and all kind of stuff.
Keith Murray, Da Muzicianz, Ying Yang Twins, Big Omeezy Beat Maker.
Reny
Regular

Postby themachinelt » Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:42 pm

thats some great news! any hints what we can expect in the update ? :)
themachinelt
Novice

Postby Christophe » Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:48 pm

themachinelt wrote:thats some great news! any hints what we can expect in the update ? :)

Richard wrote:We're grateful for the trust, and we're going to make a big update scheduled for winter this year (free for registered users).
Yamaha CS-30, Roland SH-1, Roland MKS70, Focusrite Scarlett 18i6, Yamaha FS1R, Oberheim Matrix 1000, Novation Remote 37SL, Korg Legacy, Alesis M1Active 520, Novation Launchpad Pro, Push2, Intel i7-7700HQ
Christophe

Postby Teksonik » Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:53 pm

Reny wrote:Richard, what about Orion update for winter, that would shut up me and other costumers? :wink:

It won't shut me up.............. :lol:

Reny wrote:Teksonik, Orion is beast. I am making Tropical House, Future House, Dubstep, EDM Trap and all kind of stuff.

Yes but what does that have to do with DUNE 2 ?
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Teksonik » Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:55 pm

themachinelt wrote:thats some great news! any hints what we can expect in the update ? :)

Can of Worms....Opened....... :mrgreen:
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Cinebient » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:06 pm

Richard wrote:Dune 1 got trashed too by some, later they admitted they hadn't even tried it ;) It's just the normal fanboyism which shouldn't be taken too seriously.

We strongly believe in DUNE 2, it has been a very successful synth for us. We're grateful for the trust, and we're going to make a big update scheduled for winter this year (free for registered users). This will make the nitpickers shut up for sure :)

An iOS version for the iPad pro?...... :mrgreen: joke.... (but i would love to see a multitouch version someday).

That sounds very good. Damn... now i wish it is winter (somewhere on earth it is :D )

No one would complain if it were not called Dune 2 maybe. I tryed all the other hyped synths and i came back to Dune 2. Sure it's taste.
Cinebient
Regular

Postby Mark » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:32 pm

Cinebient wrote:
Richard wrote:Dune 1 got trashed too by some, later they admitted they hadn't even tried it ;) It's just the normal fanboyism which shouldn't be taken too seriously.

We strongly believe in DUNE 2, it has been a very successful synth for us. We're grateful for the trust, and we're going to make a big update scheduled for winter this year (free for registered users). This will make the nitpickers shut up for sure :)

An iOS version for the iPad pro?...... :mrgreen: joke.... (but i would love to see a multitouch version someday).

That sounds very good. Damn... now i wish it is winter (somewhere on earth it is :D )

No one would complain if it were not called Dune 2 maybe. I tryed all the other hyped synths and i came back to Dune 2. Sure it's taste.

Multitouch exists! It's called a Windows tablet 8)

The one I use cost pennies :) :)
Mark

Postby Cinebient » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:46 pm

Mark wrote:
Cinebient wrote:

Multitouch exists! It's called a Windows tablet 8)

But the touch optimized apps for windows looks not really useful for me. I hate the limitations of iOS but for multi-touch there is nothing better. Latency is also very usable for live input/output. Not sure how it's with a Surface Pro. But it lacks "real" multi touch optimized apps.
Cinebient
Regular

Postby Reny » Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:11 pm

Teksonik, you wrote about Orion in your post above. I think you made mistake there, and meant Dune 2, not Orion, just checked.
Keith Murray, Da Muzicianz, Ying Yang Twins, Big Omeezy Beat Maker.
Reny
Regular

Postby Mark » Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:14 pm

Reny wrote:Teksonik, you wrote about Orion in your post above. I think you made mistake there, and meant Dune 2, not Orion, just checked.

He obviously meant DUNE2 :wink:
Mark

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:21 pm

Teksonik wrote:Sorry I just over reacted but I'm tired of seeing people disrespect DUNE 2 with comments like 'ooooh it's not snappy" or "it's not punchy or plucky". It's like people saying your girlfriend is ugly......you want to punch them in the nose. :lol:

HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Postby Teksonik » Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:41 pm

Mark wrote:
Reny wrote:Teksonik, you wrote about Orion in your post above. I think you made mistake there, and meant Dune 2, not Orion, just checked.

He obviously meant DUNE2 :wink:

Oh yea I did write Orion didn't I............ :shock:

My bad.....yes of course I meant DUNE 2. I think I just came from the Orion thread and had it on my mind.......or I'm just getting old and senile. :cry:
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Mark » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:24 pm

Teksonik wrote:I'm just getting old and senile. :cry:

We're all aware of that, but understanding too. If only you had the wisdom expected of old age :lol:
Mark

Postby Teksonik » Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:48 pm

Hey Hey now. It's not nice to pick on senior citizens............ :cowboy:
Teksonik
Godlike

PreviousNext

Return to Plugin Support (VST/AU)