mac updates

Post everything related to Synapse VST and Audio Unit plugins here.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

mac updates

Postby Kriminal » Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:22 pm

Why does nearly every mac os update break nearly every plugin?

What exactly are these clowns at apple doing?
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Re: mac updates

Postby Teksonik » Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:52 am

I had long wondered why smaller developers even bother with Mac versions that seem to have issues with the release of every .0001 OSX update. One dev told me that a significant portion of his sales came from Mac users so I guess it makes financial sense. No idea how well Mac versions sell for Synapse.

Sylenth 1 is having issues now with their Mac beta. El Capitan seems to have really mucked things up and when it was released I got automated e-mails from a few devs advising users not to upgrade until they updated their plugins.

It does seem like there have been a lot more issues reported by Mac users lately and not just here......... :?
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Cinebient » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:22 pm

Their marketing is the best in the world.... that´s all what count. The new generation of consumers don´t care and "pro" users are just a niche.
Even Logic 10.2 has some really annoying bugs which will maybe solved in some month, years...ever :x
IOS updates are even worse, even when it´s their main focus now..... well, the same procedure as every year :cry:
I was going to buy an iPad Pro just as midi controller and for some unique apps and synths... but nah!
On my mac i´m just on Yosemite but my iOS devices are on iOS 9.2..... and they doesn´t play well together too!
I think it´s normal to live with beta software these days while there are every year updates which no one needs really.

It´s working..... never do an update. But sometimes you need to update for some new options you would like to use and bang, you´re doomed :roll:
A reason i try to stay with just a few plug-ins (and apps) before i get lost in trying to get everything work instead of creating content!
Cinebient
Regular

Postby Teksonik » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:42 pm

If I owned a Mac I'd live in constant fear that an OSX or Logic update would mess something up. Judging by the posts I've read in various forums it seems like the Mac complaints are growing in number recently.... :?

Besides that every minute a developer has to work on keeping Mac versions working is a minute they are not working on new features for the Windows version. Sylenth 1 being a prime example....it's worked without issue here on WinXP, 7, 8, 8.1 and now 10 but they still can't seem to get the bugs worked out of the Mac version.

But I know that Mac users are loyal to a fault so I don't want to start any OS wars........... :lol:
Teksonik
Godlike

Postby Cinebient » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:02 pm

Teksonik wrote:If I owned a Mac I'd live in constant fear that an OSX or Logic update would mess something up. Judging by the posts I've read in various forums it seems like the Mac complaints are growing in number recently.... :?

Besides that every minute a developer has to work on keeping Mac versions working is a minute they are not working on new features for the Windows version. Sylenth 1 being a prime example....it's worked without issue here on WinXP, 7, 8, 8.1 and now 10 but they still can't seem to get the bugs worked out of the Mac version.

But I know that Mac users are loyal to a fault so I don't want to start any OS wars........... :lol:

Hehe, i´m not loyal to any brand. I just use what seems to be the best for my workflow. Maybe it´s time for a change next time...
Cinebient
Regular

Return to Plugin Support (VST/AU)