What does filter envelope "Analog" mode?

Post everything related to Synapse VST and Audio Unit plugins here.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

What does filter envelope "Analog" mode?

Postby Foxedge » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:11 pm

Hi! I am new at synthesizing at all, just finished Syntorial and now (I have bought Dune II through xmas sale) getting into Dune II. I noticed the Button "Analog" on the filter envelope top, but I don't know what it exactly does. The manual doesn't seem to have an explanation for it either.

So I would be happy if someone explains to me. :)
My soundbank "Dark Cyberpunk" for Dune 2 with 40 patches: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEVGqIAQ2rU
Foxedge
Regular

Re: What does filter envelope "Analog" mode?

Postby ufo » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:48 pm

Hi
This is a new feature that switches the envelopes to a mode which models behaviour based on analog circuits.
Pick a few patches and switch it on and off to compare the behavioural differences.
It can add some serious punch.

Have fun
Peace
---=u f o=--- /Radiation Mutant / Snee-Nee-Iq
ufo
Elite Producer

Postby Foxedge » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:08 pm

Ok but I guess "analog" is the normal mode and the ability to turn it off is the new one yeah?
I will try some out :) Damn I love Dune II. It will be perfect with the wavetable-editor.
My soundbank "Dark Cyberpunk" for Dune 2 with 40 patches: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEVGqIAQ2rU
Foxedge
Regular

Postby Mark » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:46 pm

Analogue is the new mode. In this mode the transition from the decay section of the envelope to sustain is smooth like the landing trajectory of an aeroplane. In normal mode, the transition is abrupt. I won't extend the analogy, but you should get the picture.
Mark

Postby Foxedge » Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:43 pm

Yeah of course! Thank you :) You mabye should write just a bit about that into the manual - would've been helpful. I will try it out with a few patches and settings and figure it out anyway.
Foxedge
Regular

Postby Mark » Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:47 pm

Foxedge wrote:Yeah of course! Thank you :) You mabye should write just a bit about that into the manual - would've been helpful. I will try it out with a few patches and settings and figure it out anyway.

I'll leave the manual stuff to the developers. I'm just a moderator here :wink:
Mark

Return to Plugin Support (VST/AU)