NKS NATIVE KONTROL STANDARD for Dune2

Post everything related to Synapse VST and Audio Unit plugins here.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

NKS NATIVE KONTROL STANDARD for Dune2

Postby tottix » Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:24 am

Hi,

is it planned for the future to support Dune2 with the NKS (NATIVE KONTROL STANDARD) for the
KOMPLETE KONTROL S-SERIES Keyboards of Native Instruments?

Thanks,
Torsten
tottix
Novice

Re: NKS NATIVE KONTROL STANDARD for Dune2

Postby Saukar23 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:15 am

I was gonna ask this as well (even though it has been a few months since the OP asked the question).

I don't have Maschine or an NI Kontrol controller, but I think this would really open up alot of opportunity for Synapse. The Reason adaptation has been taking off as well as the VSTs. Just seems fitting that he likes of Dune 2 & Legend be included in the NKS format for users as well.

I, of course, don't know how feasible that is, but i doesn't hurt to ask. Is there any chance of this happening at all?
Like sucks if you blow chunks
Saukar23
Regular

Postby Shadx » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:45 pm

I came on here to ask the same thing. It makes a huge difference in interacting with an instrument in realtime without having to rely on the host to make your own mappings. Papens Blue 2 has over 1000 parameters and even though they all aren't automapped to Komplete Kontrol more than the essential ones are. I've done various different mappings of dune 2 through Live's own mapping system as well as Max/Msp and it's still a pain in the ass without having the text on the controller.

Please add NKS support please please please

and really I think if adding this happens the news should bump it up it to make more sales.

Edit: I haven't gotten my controller yet but as I looked through more videos I saw the custom mapping stuff so I don't mind doing it myself though I still think it might help resurrect Dune.

Edit: Someone made a Dune2 Template for NKS https://www.native-instruments.com/foru ... st-1431937
Shadx
Apprentice

Postby Richard » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:37 pm

We are in contact with Native Instruments about NKS development. I see users have already posted NKS templates (for The Legend too), so that's probably a good starting point. I suppose with 'direct' support we can do yet more interesting stuff, but we'll see :)
Richard
Synapse Audio

Return to Plugin Support (VST/AU)