Orion Pro Rewire

Post everything related to Synapse VST and Audio Unit plugins here.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

Orion Pro Rewire

Postby MikeyNez » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:58 am

Has anyone managed to get Rewire to work with cockos Reaper 5.4
I am using Orion Pro 7.0 and Reaper simply does not see reaper as a rewire plug in or a VST.

Is there another version of Orion that does work?

Cheers
Mikey
MikeyNez
Novice

Re: Orion Pro Rewire

Postby Kriminal » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:19 am

Orion Pro?

I dont even know if that had ReWire.
Windows 11 Home - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400 2.50 GHz -32GB RAM
250GB SSD - 1TB HDD | M-Audio Oxygen 25 V
Kriminal
Immortal

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:58 pm

I'm not sure since which version, but ReWire/slave was dropped from Orion. Orion can only act as a master. But again, I don't know what version that happened.
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Postby MikeyNez » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:07 am

I have Orion 7.0 and there is an OrionReWire.dll in the installation directory so I assumed it was compatible. Reaper also has a ReaperReWire.dll and I also tried to get Orion to see that too but it is dismissing it. I even flushed the cache of both and did a rescan but no joy. I did here 7.1 had it back but there are no downloads available. The website says it offers $99 to upgrade but when you click on the link there is no such product available to purchase. Synapse will be missing $99 from me.
MikeyNez
Novice

Postby HYPNAGOGIA » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:46 am

MikeyNez wrote:I have Orion 7.0 and there is an OrionReWire.dll in the installation directory so I assumed it was compatible. Reaper also has a ReaperReWire.dll and I also tried to get Orion to see that too but it is dismissing it. I even flushed the cache of both and did a rescan but no joy. I did here 7.1 had it back but there are no downloads available.

It has a .dll so it could still use ReWire, just not as a slave. You can't make it "follow" other hosts, but you can make it "lead" them.

The website says it offers $99 to upgrade but when you click on the link there is no such product available to purchase. Synapse will be missing $99 from me.

Not really, as Orion has been discontinued, hence the lack of upgrade options. It's not being sold anymore.
HYPNAGOGIA
Godlike

Return to Plugin Support (VST/AU)