inquiry

Post everything related to Synapse VST and Audio Unit plugins here.

Moderators: Christophe, Mark

inquiry

Postby Sartagne » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:44 pm

Hi,
I am very interested in DUNE 2.
I am a classical composer (sacred music). I would like to go from the symphonic orchestra, choir and piano, to digital synthesizers. I am looking for the crystalline sounds of New Age music and the grandiose sounds of some film music. I wish clean, sustained sounds. Does DUNE 2 offer these sound possibilities? Is it possible to choose the tuning A 432?
Is it necessary to be a great computer scientist to create these sounds or sounds already installed are varied enough?
I was beta tester for Pianoteq (Modart, True Modeling Piano) and Galaxy Steinway Piano.
Thank you.

:D
Last edited by Sartagne on Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sartagne
Novice

Re: inquiry

Postby cooliadh » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:15 pm

I'm owning DUNE and DUNE 2 from the early beginnings and am still surprised of the capabilities of this synth (/these synths). There're a lot of nice free and very nice and not expensive soundbanks out for DUNE 2 - also cinematic kind of stuff and for almost all other genres, too.

Get yourself a trial version and play with it. You can find it here: http://www.synapse-audio.com/dune2.html

About the tuning you told I'm not sure. Maybe Rich or some of the immortial members here could clarify this.

"Is it necessary to be a great computer scientist to create these sounds or sounds already installed are varied enough?"

As I said: There a a lot of great patches and banks around and also delivered with it. They're a nice starting point to experiment. I've rarely used a patch out of the box but adjusted it to my needs.
Orion 8.6 | DUNE | DUNE 2 | EKS Pro | Hydra | Sylenth1 | Predator | Predator 2 | Blue 2 | Windows 10 Pro | ESI Maya 44 XTE | Oxygen 8 V2 | X-Board 49 | Edirol MA-20D | Sennheiser HD 380 Pro

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4WdwS ... SQD86w25Dw
cooliadh
Apprentice

Return to Plugin Support (VST/AU)